Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know your IADT students!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Bev

Name: Bev
    Year/Course: 1st year English, Media & Cultural Studies
    Societies/Clubs/interests: If there's a drumming/jamming one, that! Pirate sounds like fun too... rum? :pac:
    How to notice: Doc Martens, red hair, fringey.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Anna_Banana

Name: Anna (or Banana to my friends :P)
    Year/Course: 1st year/Film and Television Production
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Pirate Soc looks awesome! Drama Soc too probably, and perhaps some sort of martial art/sport to be a little bit healthy :P Film, Photography and music... obviously! :D
    How to notice: Short blonde hair (perhaps pink by Sept, haven't decided yet!) Probably being really quiet in the corner, but give it a week or two..! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭greener greene

Name: David, but everyone calls me Dave or Greener
    Year/Course: 1st year/Photography
    Societies/Clubs/interests: ehhh not sure really. Was thinking surfing, pirate, film and maybe poker
    How to notice: about 6ft with curly hair... and can't think of any other mad features!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Tralaalaalaa

Name: Anna Shine, though my friends call me Cloud!
    Year/Course: 1st year/film&television production
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Most likely in a moment of over-enthusiasm I'll join everything! And naturally I'd never turn down a society involving pirates...
    How to notice: I'll probably try to befriend the first person I meet, so you have been warned.....! I suspect that by then my hair will be slightly purple so that may help with spotting me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Avr

Name: Alice or AVR
    Year/Course: 1st Year Design For Stage And Screen - Production Design
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Film, Drama, Table Tennis, anything musical, art, fashion, books.
    How to notice: Lots of brown hair, Shetland pony fringe, will make eye contact with
    anyone, can of Diet Coke or Filofax in hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭melissavm

Name: Melissa
    Year/Course: 1st yr animation
    Societies/Clubs/interests: No clue as of yet! but i'll try anything!
    How to notice: Tall, long hair (generally looking like a birdsnest :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭JimiWonderDoor 92

Name: John
    Year/Course: 1st year English, Media & Cultural Studies
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Soccer/Gaelic, Will look into creative writing, Pirate & Amnesty seem interesting as well
    How to notice: Right now by flowing brown locks but i fear I may cave into peer pressure and shave it for NUIG :rolleyes: The shame of it

I'll be carrying a can of Pepsi

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Societies/Clubs/interests:Soccer/Gaelic, Will look into creative writing, Pirate & Amnesty seem interesting as well

Join Ussss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Megsy

Name: Megan
    Year/Course: 1st year Design for Stage and Screen - Costume Design.
    Societies/Clubs/Interests: Not sure yet, yoga anyway, pirate sounds fun and there's a cabaret club?
    How to notice: Rather small, long blonde hair, fearful expression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 isteve

anyone know when English, Media Cultural Studies begins and when i need to register?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭JimiWonderDoor 92

Rhyme wrote: »
    Join Ussss.
    Might do. Is it mostly weekend time (that I might not have), do many people do it (is it 3 girls and their dog?). thanks :)

Might do. Is it mostly weekend time (that I might not have), do many people do it (is it 3 girls and their dog?). thanks :)

We only set ourselves up at the end of last year so it's 3 or 4 core members and a few odds and ends. With any luck we'll have a few events lined up for the first half of the year.

/shill

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭zeroonetwothree

When exactly do we start? (got into animation)
    We get a registration pack thing sent to us in the second week of sept, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 smellslikelemon

Name: fee
    Year/Course: 1st year Animation
    Societies/Clubs/interests: No idea which societies to join yet, interests - gaming, the Beatles and art (of course)
    How to notice: about 5''8 ish, long hair and pretty much average looking.

Quite the excited, can't wait to meet you lot :D

When exactly do we start? (got into animation)
    We get a registration pack thing sent to us in the second week of sept, right?

Yeah I think so.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who hasn't received like, any word from the college at all. Like not even an e-mail or anything to acknowledge that I've accepted my course. I'm getting really worried now.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭melissavm

Megsy wrote: »
    Yeah I think so.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who hasn't received like, any word from the college at all. Like not even an e-mail or anything to acknowledge that I've accepted my course. I'm getting really worried now.
    I haven't heard anything from anyone bar the CAO yet either. And if they're sending the info out the second week of sept, isn't that leaving it a little late?

melissavm wrote: »
    I haven't heard anything from anyone bar the CAO yet either. And if they're sending the info out the second week of sept, isn't that leaving it a little late?

I was thinking that too, maybe it's the first week. I'm sure everything will work out fine anyway, they must know what they're doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

My friend rang them the other week and was told were starting on the 20th of sep but i dont know if thats the same for first year animation

Lone Stone wrote: »
    My friend rang them the other week and was told were starting on the 20th of sep but i dont know if thats the same for first year animation

Your best bet is heading in on the 20th (unless you're told different) and you'll be told where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Avr

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who hasn't heard anything back. I was freaking out last night hearing about my UCD friends having all their gear ready to send off.
    I have a friend in second year and he said that the 20th is the day the whole college goes back but 1st years go back a week early for freshers week and all that jazz. I've been hearing the 14th but I guess we'll have to wait and see! I reckon they'll start posting registration packs when round 1 is officially over in the CAO. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭zeroonetwothree

I finally got an email! xD
    How about everyone else?

Also does a calendar come out on their website? Like showing how long holidays are and stuff~

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Got mine too! That's a relief, I'm really excited now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Chou

NAME: Colette (aka Chou :) )
    YEAR/COURSE: 1st Year / Applied Psychology
    SOCIETYS/CLUBS/INTERESTS: haven't really decided yet, probably a good few though :)
    HOW TO NOTICE: most probably wandering around looking lost and overwhelmed ^^;

just got the email :) can't wait to get started

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭juliancallan

Got a big envelope full of sheets today, scary stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JAYneA123

Name: Jane
    Year/Course: 1st year graphic design at IADT Seattle
    Societies/Clubs/interests: art, music, outdoors, volleyball, tennis, swimming, running, everything lol
    How to notice: smiling person with brown hair, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 NK09

hello, I'm starting 1st year of audio visual media technology i need //ACCOMMODATION\\. shared house or apartment with students would be great if anyones looking fill up spaces or knows of availability. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jenny92

Name: Jenny
    Year/Course: 1st year visual communications
    Societies/Clubs/interests: sure il see wots on offer wen i get there
    How to notice: em . . . brown haired girl who'll prob be wanderin round tryin not to look lost . . . which i will be :P

• Registered Users Posts: 40 cheesydoodles

Name: Laura.
    Year/Course: 1st year in English, Media and Cultural studies.
    Clubs/Societes/Interests: Hmm I don't know, anything music/film related really.
    How to notice: Red hair, lip ring and most likely eating something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭awesom_o

Name: Ruth
    Year/Course: 1st year in English, Media and Cultural studies.
    Clubs/Societes/Interests: I heard there was a sex society yeah? ;)
    How to notice: Bumming john players in the smokers areas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

Name: Matthew McMahon

Course: Masters in Telelvsion and Radio Production

Clubs and Society: Comedy hopefully

How to notice: Struggling with a can in my hand!!

Advertisement