Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Incident" outside Three Shippes

• 19-08-2009 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Just mentioned on AA roadwatch, anyone know anything?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

didnt hear anything. That is 2nd incident on dunmore rd in less than 24 hours.

Last night at 8.30pm a section of the Dunmore road was blocked off by garda. A lot of emergency flashing lights could be seen down by St. Benildus Church. No idea what happened or didn't hear anything today in work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Last night at 8.30pm a section of the Dunmore road was blocked off by garda. A lot of emergency flashing lights could be seen down by St. Benildus Church. No idea what happened or didn't hear anything today in work.
    neither of those places are on the Dunmore road.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Tis like Sky News on here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Ford Focus versus Wall.

The wall won.

Arrived on the scene just behind the ambulances and as fire brigade were unloading what looked like the cutting equipment. It happened on that slight right hander before the roundabout as you head towards ardkeen, the roads are always greasey along there ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Paige Turner

AA roadwatch have said the incident is now cleared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Don't really know what was going on re the incident near the three shippes - I drove past there just before 5, and there was a 4x4 just stopped in the outbound lane, hazards on, with a guard directing traffic around it.

Also saw cops standing talking to someone in the doorway of (what used to be) Chez K's (can't remember what it's called now). Didn't appear to be an accident, looked more like it just stopped dead or something? No other vehicle stopped at the scene, and no obvious signs of damage to the jeep from what I could see driving past, but then again I didn't get a good look at the front of the jeep given that I was driving and concentrating on the road!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

ek, hope car occupants are ok.

I saw a similar accident at the same corner a few years back but the car had overturned.
    neither of those places are on the Dunmore road.....
    Sorry Newtown Rd :D, I seem to always refer to that length of road from the tower hotel to woodlands hotel as the dunmore rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

A mate of mind had just come out of Keighry's and saw the 4x4 hit a guy and send him flying. The guy was taken away in an ambulance but didn't look too good.

Advertisement