Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sydney to Adelaide and back - route suggestions ?

Options
  • 19-08-2009 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi. I'm going to Sydney in November, and want to also visit some friends in Adelaide. so I'm wondering if any of you have any suggestions on routes to take - overland by train or bus to see a bit of the countryside on the way. are there any interesting towns or places to stop off for a night on the way there and back. cheers, mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

id recommend going into peterpans or tribal travel and ask them to plan a trip from sydney to adelaide. You dont have to book it right there, but they will give you info on places to go and stay, an if you prefer to book it yourself at least you have names and numbers for hostels etc..

I would recommend Melbourne, Phillip Island, Lorne, Apollo Bay, Great Ocean Road (get to see london bridge, 12 apostles etc) , Avalon, Bells Beach, Kangaroo Island all on the way to Adelaide. In Adelaide try get out to Glenelg its lovely out there and in Nov and Dec SA will be nice and warm. Trt get in a winery trip in the clare or barossa valleys too if you can!

happy travels

Advertisement