Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on re-installing MS Office

• 19-08-2009 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,378 ✭✭✭✭

I recently had to get my laptop cleaned of viruses and my MS Office was deleted as well, the PC Repair shop installed a "trial" version of MS Office, I have the actual MS Office that I had originally purchased and want to re-install it.

Should I delete the current "trial version"? If yes, is there any chance of losing any files that I have created with it?

Can I just re-install the original version and overwite the "trial" version?

Win XP
    MS Office 2007

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 thragon

My guess would be yes you should be able to install over the trial but I'd Google first to make sure. Uninstalling the trial should be straightforward too. All the same, be cautions and check first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,188 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If the Trial is the same version - say you have a 2003 license, and its a 2003 trial, just enter your Serial Key, and it will become a Full 2003 Office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,378 ✭✭✭✭phog

Overheal wrote: »
    If the Trial is the same version - say you have a 2003 license, and its a 2003 trial, just enter your Serial Key, and it will become a Full 2003 Office.

.......and how would I go about doing this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,188 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

should be under the Help menu on the Top Bar - where you find edit/file/tools etc.

Erm, in office 07, I have no idea. flippin changed everything around,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

For Word 2007: Office Button > Word Options > Resources > Activate Microsoft Office.

• Advertisement

For Word 2007: Office Button > Word Options > Resources > Activate Microsoft Office.

Product Key number not being recognised, not sure why???

What next?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

phog wrote: »
    Product Key number not being recognised, not sure why???

What next?

Uninstall the trial version in control panel and then put in the CD that came with your license and install it, that should sort it, sometimes the trial version will be for another version of office ie profesional and home key wont work with it

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    Uninstall the trial version in control panel and then put in the CD that came with your license and install it, that should sort it, sometimes the trial version will be for another version of office ie profesional and home key wont work with it

Nick

No, still having problems even after uninstalling the trial version, now when trying to install the bought version it doesn't recognise the product key number. Could this be because it has been used three times? I thought that once I had used it on this PC before it wouldn't have mattered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Excuse my abruptness, by why on earth are you worrying about it?
    Take it back to the shop and get them to do it.
    Im sure you paid for it so they should do it right! end of

• Advertisement
Advertisement