Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South African athlethe may not be a female

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

she or he definitaly looks more like a man but she could be just one of those girls high testosterone levels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

procure11 wrote: »
    Only if Ireland could have their equivalent to bring the much needed sporting glories..Aren't you tired of winning feck all in all competitions except GAA and Hurling that we hardly have any competition.

we need another michelle smith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

on a serious note, theres a strong posibility this person is totally innocent of any wrong doing and we are making fun of them for their physical appearance.
    perhaps she has some male parts that developed on the inside or perhaps she has alot of testosterone somehow.
    the way it seemed to be portrayed in the media is a man pretending to be a woman so he could easily beat the competition?

I hope this athlete survives whatever is coming to them without too much embarrassment/hurt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭procure11

rubadub wrote: »
    Well I heard Linford Christie was feeling inadequate when she stepped up next to him at the urinals.

But seriously if Linford felt inadequate (with his famous lunchbox) then this girl...( person) should not visit Ireland ...as 99.999% of men here would question their masculinity tbh.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

Id be interested in hearing more about this?

In mother Russia Sex has you!

Ask and you will receive

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/08/11/sexchange.athlete/index.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I honestly think that she has some kind of intersex condition - but by IAAF rules this will most likely mean she will be disqualified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

she should show them her minge...then its case closed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Funniest thread on here in a long time. Sending me to sleep with a smile on my face. Thank you boards :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Apparently the Athletics Association don't see female genitalia as proof of being female. :eek: They check the level of male hormones in the body and alot of other stuff. That's a bit crazy, as surely all women have different levels of Testosterone, do they have a set limit or something?

They've said that the preliminary examination has proved nothing, and they are waiting on endocrinology reports, so she must have female genitalia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Apparently the Athletics Association don't see female genitalia as proof of being female. :eek: They check the level of male hormones in the body and alot of other stuff. That's a bit crazy, as surely all women have different levels of Testosterone, do they have a set limit or something?

It was reported today the testosterone level was 3 times normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

I personally think she's the left back for Liverpool but obviously it would be hard to prove

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

laugh wrote: »

If she's not a man, then she's a popping steroids. I've seen female bodybuilders who have popped steroids end up looking that much like a man. shocking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

She was speaking earlier on the news.....bass....lots of bass....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Damien360

I personally think she's the left back for Liverpool but obviously it would be hard to prove

You might be right because they were missing for the Villa game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 captainautumn

laugh wrote: »

Yes and as well as the high testosterone levels an external examination revealed excessive hair growth on her shoulders, thighs and all over the underside of her balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Is it just me thinking 'Why don't they just check if she's got the mandatory equipment?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Confab wrote: »
    Is it just me thinking 'Why don't they just check if she's got the mandatory equipment?'

It's some what more complicated than that. She might be physically female but genetically male. Or even intersex. It's a matter of deciding what's fair on all athletes involved in the most sensitive way possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 beni

People are jealous of her. As far as we all normal human being knows, the difference between man and a woman is GENITALIA. Who goes to check a BIRD's Testosterone level before taking them home :eek: .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

its getting political now the leader of the ANC youth wing says its all the fault of the "white media"

is there anything we cant be blamed on:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 beni

How about we ban all these in sports ?
    1. Usain Bolt (TOO TALL )
    2.Lance Armstrong (Big Diaphragm )
    3.Williams Sisters ( Too butch for ladies tennis)
    4.Tiger woods ( Too Good)
    5.Ronaldo ( Legs too quick)
    6.Given ( Hands too long)
    7.Phelps ( Feet too big)
    You can add any one you think is physically endowed or unfairly gifted.............................etc....etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

beni wrote: »
    7.Phelps ( Feet too big)
    You can add any one you think is physically endowed or unfairly gifted.............................etc....etc...

lol given is so so so out of place on that list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

beni wrote: »
    7.Phelps ( Feet too big)

Steve Davis was accused of having an indented chin which gave him an unfair advantage at cueing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Seen this all before....Fatima Whitbread, British javelin thrower by day, Diego Maradona by night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Nodin wrote: »
    She was speaking earlier on the news.....bass....lots of bass....

If you were a chick and looked like that you'd drink too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

TheZohan wrote: »
    If you were a chick and looked like that you'd drink too.

She's the King of Drumcondra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

its getting political now the leader of the ANC youth wing says its all the fault of the "white media"

"Is it cos I's black?"

"No, it's because you're a fcukin man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Yeah the same media who have declared Usain Bolt a God.

GTFO ANC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Sex tests used to be standard in the Olympics until they dropped them a few years ago - they did them for 30 years or so. There were a few cases of people being disqualified. they still do the tests in some major championships - someone got stripped of a medal at the Asian games in 2006.

The trivia section for the wags: the only female athlete not required to submit to a sex test at the 1976 Montreal Olympics was Princess Anne. The official line was that as the daughter of Canada's head of state (QE2, Queen Liz, Mrs Windsor, however you refer to her), it would be unseemly. I suspect the real reason might have been that if she had failed the test there would have been a legal argument for making her the heir to the Canadian "throne" (or the heir to the Canadian head of state, however they refer to it) (as the first born male) and as a Commonwealth country arguably causing a constitutional crisis in the UK. Just in case like, unlikely as the result might have been, why take the risk. Either way, she's the only one who specifically didn't have to do one.

Then again part of the reason I pay little attention to the Olympics and obviously the Tour de france is because of the more obvious cases of drug use in many of the relevant sports. I only pay even vague attention for the gossip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

People always complain when they are beaten. England won the ashes on sunday, but they were useless a few years ago, they were only beaten by sides that cheated. West Indies bowled too many bouncers, Pakistan scuffed the ball with bottletops for Waqar and Wasim, and Muralitharan is a chucker. Semenya is a ringer for Deion Sanders, maybe he was a girl

Advertisement