Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swear filter

Options
  • 19-08-2009 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭

Would it be possible to have an option to disable the swear filter on the user CP?

I know cursing is bad and all, but if people are gonna swear they're gonna swear whether there's a ****ing filter or not!

It seems a bit nanny-ish to have it imho.

Other sites have an option where it can be disabled

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Would it be possible to have an option to disable the swear filter on the user CP?

I know cursing is bad and all, but if people are gonna swear they're gonna swear whether there's a ****ing filter or not!

It seems a bit nanny-ish to have it imho.

Other sites have an option where it can be disabled

I would absolutely love to.

As far as I can tell (after about 5 mins looking) it's not really an option at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

That's ok, it's not a massive hindrance anyway!

thanks for the reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Agreed, please let us see it gone.

And explain how some people seem to be able to swear, even with the filter on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

CianRyan wrote: »
    Agreed, please let us see it gone.

It's not really an option right now. If we were getting rid of it, it would be on a per-user basis and that would require more development time than is available right now.
    CianRyan wrote: »
    And explain how some people seem to be able to swear, even with the filter on.

It's not a sophisticated filter, it's pretty easy to evade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Why have I never though of this? haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭John Player

"****"
    gah

fuck

no flies on me!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement