Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Privacy at boards.ie LGBT

Options
  • 19-08-2009 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

Maybe I have overlooked something somehwere in technical details or I just can't find how to hide it but I just noticed that, while posts to this LGBT page don't show up in a members posts archive when you are logged in, they can be seen in somebody's archive while not logged in. Does that make sense? Like, I looked at my old post archive while logged in and didn't see my previous posts to the LGBT page, which i was happy with. However when I logged out and checked the old posts of I.J. (me) I saw all the LGBT posts. I assumed the reason they couldn't be seen was because sexuality is a sensitive subject for some people, like me and it helped privacy. I just think its strange that posts only to LGBT are not seen to everybody one way but can be seen another way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Boards can only do a certain ammount to public forums to help with poster privacy, the same restrictions apply to the Personal Issues fourm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I can see my posts in this forum whether I'm logged in or not (by clicking username -> more posts by user).

Didn't know they were supposed to be hidden tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

If you're worried about privacy, then afaik you're able to post unregged in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Goodshape wrote: »
    I can see my posts in this forum whether I'm logged in or not (by clicking username -> more posts by user).

Didn't know they were supposed to be hidden tbh.

First I heard of it as well. Even with search history hidden, posts will still get picked up by Google as far as I know. You can always post unregistered if you're worried about privacy, like Aard suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Yes, for the registered user group, they are hidden. Mods and above, or subscribers can search full.

• Advertisement
Advertisement