Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hello to the Scumbag crashed in to me!!

• 19-08-2009 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭

To the scumbag that reversed into me today at AIB at Blanchardstown and drove off and was smiling, I got your Reg No :).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Get onto the bank tomorrow and see if they have CCTV, it may erase after a certain amount of time.

I hope you got some witnesses too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

Yeah will be going back in the morning to check with AIB, went to the Gardai and reported it. Funny thing is, the damage to my car is just bit damage to bumper and bit of dent, I dont think it will cost much to fix, so I wouldnt have claimed through insurance, if he had just acknowledged what happened we could have come to deal, maybe he pay half, but by driving of he will have Gardai on his back now, maybe he isnt even insured aswell??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Glad to hear you got the scum. I hope the insurance co. take him to town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The Gardai should be able to help you with his insurance details as well as you say. Alternatively it's probably worth ringing a couple of the big companys with the reg to see if he's insured with them.
    I hope not. Because the more the insurance company pays out the more it effects everyone else.

• Advertisement

Dont plan on claiming through on insurance at the moment, dont think will cost much to much, bit of a dent and slight bumper damage, gonna try a few places tomorrow for quote, was told to try dial a dent, they meant to be quite competitive for prices, never heard of them before, but will try them anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

I hope the Gardaí take him to task!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Ya well I was using fake number plates so now.

There is always a clown that think he is funny. Dont be spoiling the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

IP Traced, the Gardai will be at your house in 5 mins :P

• Advertisement

Using Tor? I think not!

Rafa1977 wrote: »
    There is always a clown that think he is funny. Dont be spoiling the thread.

My sincerest apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Scumbags crashed into me and drove off. Took reg and passed it to the Gardai.

Plates were actually fake, driver never found. Coughed up to fix the damage ourselves. €250

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Using Tor? I think not!
    My sincerest apologies.
    Enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Same thing happened to the Mother-in-law. Took about 3months

before the other fella's insurance company paid up. So keep at them.

Keep us informed, and good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭Repolho

Rafa1977 wrote: »
    we could have come to deal, maybe he pay half,

Why would you pay half if he reversed into you? I'm not one for the "claim culture" but if its the other guys fault then I wouldn't be paying a penny!

Hope you catch up with him though.

Advertisement