Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halifax Ireland - use Halifax UK facilities?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Magnus wrote: »
    I'm interested in this account too

http://www.halifax.ie/index.jsp?p=100&n=101

1. Will I be able to access the account easy from the UK? It's the same bank isn't it?

2. Is there a bank comparison site for UK banks with branches in Ireland?
    Halifax versus Bank of Scotland or indeed BOI?
    I've been looking at this http://www.moneysupermarket.com/currentaccounts/CurrentAccountsResults.asp
    I have this current account and access online. I find online access fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

1. Will I be able to access the account easy from the UK? It's the same bank isn't it?

You can access it online in the same way you could access internet banking from any Irish bank. You can't use Halifax UK's branch network etc - they're seperate entities completely in that respect.
    2. Is there a bank comparison site for UK banks with branches in Ireland?
    Halifax versus Bank of Scotland or indeed BOI?

Halifax and Bank of Scotland are the same company. Bank of Ireland..is Irish. The products that Halifax (UK) and Bank of Scotland (UK) are not related to the products they offer through their Irish subsiduaries.

As this is about current accounts, I'll make this a seperate thread. There is also no need for the large image.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

BuffyBot wrote: »
    You can access it online in the same way you could access internet banking from any Irish bank. You can't use Halifax UK's branch network etc - they're seperate entities completely in that respect.

Halifax and Bank of Scotland are the same company. Bank of Ireland..is Irish. The products that Halifax (UK) and Bank of Scotland (UK) are not related to the products they offer through their Irish subsiduaries.

As this is about current accounts, I'll make this a seperate thread. There is also no need for the large image.

Ah separate entities, that's the hitch. I was looking for a bank that would allow me to work here and put money into an account in Galway and then go over an work in London and put money into the very same account/or withdraw from a branch there.
    Also I wanted a card that would work in both countries connected to that account (well, VISA would).
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Magnus wrote: »
    Ah separate entities, that's the hitch. I was looking for a bank that would allow me to work here and put money into an account in Galway and then go over an work in London and put money into the very same account/or withdraw from a branch there.
    Also I wanted a card that would work in both countries connected to that account (well, VISA would).
    Thanks

You can have all that apart from in bank lodgements and withdrawals. Credit card will be fine, or even their visa debit card which is their atm card.

Advertisement