Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Malting barley contracts

• 19-08-2009 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

Went into Minch today to see what they had decided on my contract, and found it was cut by 25%. I'd expected that, but what I hadn't expected was that they cut it by 17% in 2007 and 20% in 2008 without saying a word to me. The last contract I signed was in 2006. Anyone else had a similar experience, or are they just trying to pull a fast one on me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Johnnyr

Our 'contract' was cut by 25% this year aswell. It was cut in the past, but not sure of the specifics.

I think it is only a matter of time before Minch stop buying malting barley. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last year. They don't need to pay a premium to get it. They will import it or else deal with private processors.

Currently when 'contracts' are full they only pay feed prices for the remaining grain, even though it is still tipped in the same heap as the grain that was supplied under the 'contract'.

Its heading the same route as the sugar beet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

Can't disagree with any of that, unfortunately!

I was onto the IFA this afternoon. Their position is that the blockade on the maltings in Athy last month was only lifted after a 20% cut on contracts was agreed, and since the last contracts that anyone signed were in 2006, then that's the figure that will be used. We'll see who wins this round!

Advertisement