Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What makes someone a 'Hardcore' Biker?

• 19-08-2009 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭

As the title asks - What makes someone a 'Hardcore' biker?

After reading various threads, and chatting to a few bikers and non bikers, I don't have an answer to this question.

So, what do you think makes a biker a 'hardcore' biker?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

no such a thing imo.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

IMO it's someone who loves being on two wheels.

What makes someone not a real biker imo is someone who only takes there bike out 6 times a year when the sun shines and peoples who only have bikes for the image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Yizzer av ta ave a Giiiixxer an tawlk loike dis :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

-Must own a shiny Suzuki GSXR
    -Must wear clean, barely used leathers.
    -Must never use proper spelling or grammar (funnettikal prunnunseachun iz prefurred)
    -Must never be seen riding in weather other than pure sunshine.
    -Must only refers to cars as 'cages'.
    -Must never mention that they do in fact, drives 'cages' 90% of the time.
    -Must be of the belief that laughing at others is the height of wit and humour.

I'm sure there is more, I'm only a nooby, someday maybe with a lot of hard work I'll be a hardcore biker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭zzr

Look at it this way, some people need transport for work and leisure so a mototbike is good for same but not weather friendly and if you have the use of a car [nice to use the proper word] then your not going to get wet.
    i have had bikes from the age of 16 still have them and i have a car it doesnt matter how often you use your bike main thing is you enjoy it.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

jameshayes wrote: »
    IMO it's someone who loves being on two wheels.

What makes someone not a real biker imo is someone who only takes there bike out 6 times a year when the sun shines and peoples who only have bikes for the image.

I am only new to biking. It is something that I wanted to do from when I was about 16, but I was involved in other pasttimes, so put the idea on the back burner.

I love riding my bike, but not in the rain - does that mean that I am not a real biker? :eek:

Oh, I got my bike for fun and pleasure - it is not my main means of transport - I have a car for that. My bike is mostly for weekends, but I do use it to get to work every now and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Someone that doesn't need to ask what makes someone a hardcore biker. :rolleyes:

KamiKazi wrote: »
    -Must only refers to cars as 'cages'..

A cage is something you put a wild/undomesticated animal in.
    If you refer to my car (which I like) as a cage, what are you saying about me?
    You can tell me that you think my car is sh1t, or that you would not be caught dead in it, but don't tell me it is a cage. :mad:
    I'm only a nooby, someday maybe with a lot of hard work I'll be a hardcore biker.

You go boy! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭doc crock

what a strange question , met a few bikers over the years that i would consider "hardcore" but for many different reasons, i guess you either are or you aren't, but those who are don't bother their arse thinking about it and just get on with life and clocking up miles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

-Must own a shiny Suzuki GSXR
    -Must wear clean, barely used leathers.
    -Must never use proper spelling or grammar (funnettikal prunnunseachun iz prefurred)
    -Must never be seen riding in weather other than pure sunshine.
    -Must only refers to cars as 'cages'.
    -Must never mention that they do in fact, drives 'cages' 90% of the time.
    -Must be of the belief that laughing at others is the height of with and humour.
    have the gsxr but me leathers are falling apart. Fook it anyways.
    Main thing you need to be a hardcore biker is a ban button. Them mods make us normal bikers look like pussies.
    Hardcore is a load of ****e anyways. Anyone that says/think they are hardcore is a bleeding numpty and deserves a nice little hammer to the teeth.
    Now im off for my yearly shower. Must make my beard all mad so it doesnt look styled and shave me head. I need to go stand in a pub looking angrily at people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

Seany is hardcore cos he only takes one shower a year!

I'd regard a hardcore biker as anyone who has a real interest in bikes and can, although may not do so, talk about bikes with you as another biker. But really, putting people in categories does no good really...we all fall on the same colour tarmac.

seanybiker wrote: »
    Now im off for my yearly shower. Must make my beard all mad so it doesnt look styled and shave me head. I need to go stand in a pub looking angrily at people

All I get to do in pubs is drink beer and look at pretty girls woman with my mouth open. :rolleyes:

P.C. wrote: »
    I love riding my bike, but not in the rain - does that mean that I am not a real biker? :eek:

Oh, I got my bike for fun and pleasure - it is not my main means of transport - I have a car for that. My bike is mostly for weekends, but I do use it to get to work every now and then.

I sold my car :) It was just too damn boring after riding my bike, my bike has more than half the BHP of the car I had :D And as long as I have all my gear on, I couldn't care less about rain.

I sold my car :) It was just too damn boring after riding my bike, my bike has more than half the BHP of the car I had :D And as long as I have all my gear on, I couldn't care less about rain.

My bike (at full power) has two more BHP than my car from an engine less than half the size. :o

My bike (at full power) has two more BHP than my car from an engine less than half the size. :o

shur ur bike iz reastrikded, ur knot hardkore at all :pac:

If I could read that, I would reply.

I will PM you a spell check program. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

ya want to brush up on ur customeeeze a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

A cage is something you put a wild/undomesticated animal in.
    If you refer to my car (which I like) as a cage, what are you saying about me?
    You can tell me that you think my car is sh1t, or that you would not be caught dead in it, but don't tell me it is a cage. :mad:

Your car is a cage.......:D

Its power to weight ratio not Bhp mate!;)

yeah but bikes weigh a hell of a lot less than cars so that only strengthens his point :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

seanybiker wrote: »
    Anyone that says/think they are hardcore is a bleeding numpty
    +1

If you call yourself a "hardcore biker" you probably look like this:

biker-fancy-dress-costume-xl-158-p%5Bekm%5D278x350%5Bekm%5D.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

To answer OP dunno, a big long beard or something? Power ranger gear all the time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

The first rule about being a hardcore biker is not to talk about being a hardcore biker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

What makes someone a 'Hardcore' biker?
    Simple, just wear a back patch :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

a biker will pick you up when you’re down
    Help you out when you’re in trouble
    Stand by you when times are tough
    Get you a pint when you’re broke
    Lend you his tools when your bike is bust
    Give you a hand when you need it
    And ****ing bury you if you ever cross him!!!

Pic39.jpg

I don't like the term hardcore as its pretty defunct this day and age. Real bikers are the ones that don't push the bike out for the weekend. They're the ones that will go out of their way to help a fellow biker even if they don't know them.

My boss goes on about his BMW which he only takes out on a sunny day and never in the winter. Calls himself a biker but when I called him after I had a crash on my ZZR near the office he wouldn't come down with some tools to help me.

F*cker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

KTRIC wrote: »
    I don't like the term hardcore as its pretty defunct this day and age. Real bikers are the ones that don't push the bike out for the weekend. They're the ones that will go out of their way to help a fellow biker even if they don't know them.

My boss goes on about his BMW which he only takes out on a sunny day and never in the winter. Calls himself a biker but when I called him after I had a crash on my ZZR near the office he wouldn't come down with some tools to help me.

F*cker.

Is there a lack of camaraderie amongst German bikers (never found much when I've been there with the bike), or is it cos he rides a Beemer , :D, or is he just a wnaker of a boss?

Rippy wrote: »
    Is there a lack of camaraderie amongst German bikers (never found much when I've been there with the bike), or is it cos he rides a Beemer , :D, or is he just a wnaker of a boss?

A bit from column B and C

yeah but bikes weigh a hell of a lot less than cars so that only strengthens his point :confused:

Thats what i said:confused: he didnt! ur repeatin me,........i'm confused:D

• Advertisement

Did you even read my post?

I was making the point that my bike is waaaaaaaay more powerfull than my car.

Let me repost:

My car is not very fast. :o

My bike is very fast. :D

Advertisement