Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What makes someone a 'Hardcore' Biker?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Your car is a cage.......:D

No, it is a very nice car.

Now, don't be jealous, you know what they say - jealously gets you nowhere. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Under my leathers I am naked apart from a c0ck ring. Is that hardcore?

'cptr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

'cptr

Don't really care, have to go relieve the pressure now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

'cptr

I have a barbed wire cock ring. Rusty of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I have a Kawasaki Ninja cock ring with fast, powerful and smooth delivery

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

It's a stupid arguement really. I think a lot of people who consider themselves 'hardcore bikers' just like to slag off others who they think are not as passionate about bikes as they are. So what. Who Cares. In any sport or pastime there are people who are dedicated and passionate, and those who just have a basic interest, or are simply to new to it to be at that stage yet - we all have to start somewhere. Having an I'm better than you complex about it is sad. I'm happy to say most of the older more experienced bikers I've met are not like this at all and were very helpful and encouraging to me when I was starting out.

I've been a car nut for 10 years, but when I got a bike that became my main focus - I barely use the car these days except when the bikes is not practical for the journey etc. I still love my car though. I ride my bike to work every day, p1ssing rain or not. Does that make me hardcore? :confused: I also go out on a lot of ride outs with other bikers around the country, large and small groups, even on my own sometimes. However, if a spin is organised and its pissing rain, am I going to cancel? Most likely yes. Does that mean I'm not hardcore? :confused: I don't give a fuk. I go on bike trips for enjoyment - riding in p1ssing rain is just not enjoyable and your risks of having an accident increase significantly, so no thanks, I'll pass. I've done loads of long distance riding and got stuck in the rain, its just not fun really.

A guy with a brand new Gixer and shiney new leathers - I don't blame him for a second if he chooses to stay under the covers. If I was to bin my Ducati cause I was driving stupidly in bad weather I would be totally p1ssed at myself. Being slagged off for that reason is pathetic. It's like saying "I really enjoy sex, so I will go out and try to fuk any and every fat ugly minger I can find. No thanks.

I love riding the bike in the rain. Some fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Zascar wrote: »
    It's a stupid arguement really. I think a lot of people who consider themselves 'hardcore bikers' just like to slag off others who they think are not as passionate about bikes as they are. So what. Who Cares. In any sport or pastime there are people who are dedicated and passionate, and those who just have a basic interest, or are simply to new to it to be at that stage yet - we all have to start somewhere. Having an I'm better than you complex about it is sad. I'm happy to say most of the older more experienced bikers I've met are not like this at all and were very helpful and encouraging to me when I was starting out.

I've been a car nut for 10 years, but when I got a bike that became my main focus - I barely use the car these days except when the bikes is not practical for the journey etc. I still love my car though. I ride my bike to work every day, p1ssing rain or not. Does that make me hardcore? :confused: I also go out on a lot of ride outs with other bikers around the country, large and small groups, even on my own sometimes. However, if a spin is organised and its pissing rain, am I going to cancel? Most likely yes. Does that mean I'm not hardcore? :confused: I don't give a fuk. I go on bike trips for enjoyment - riding in p1ssing rain is just not enjoyable and your risks of having an accident increase significantly, so no thanks, I'll pass. I've done loads of long distance riding and got stuck in the rain, its just not fun really.

A guy with a brand new Gixer and shiney new leathers - I don't blame him for a second if he chooses to stay under the covers. If I was to bin my Ducati cause I was driving stupidly in bad weather I would be totally p1ssed at myself. Being slagged off for that reason is pathetic. It's like saying "I really enjoy sex, so I will go out and try to fuk any and every fat ugly minger I can find. No thanks.

Exactly, who gives a ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Ya i read it-u were on about bhp when thats not the way id look at it-its KILOWATT POWER!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

P.C. wrote: »
    No, it is a very nice car.

Now, don't be jealous, you know what they say - jealously gets you nowhere. :p

Da day id be jealous of a cage i'll know its all over! In fairness theyr for comfort-will never understand people buyin dem for power- theyrs no power in netin under 100 grand and more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

OP, there's no such thing. There's bikers, and non-bikers.

Non bikers.......don't have/like/want one.........
    Bikers.....have one. All the time, some of the time, occasionally, or just when the sun shines.

...if you need to justify what size, type, new or old, big or small you have/have had, well, that's just sad.

Ditto if you think having or using a car - any kind - affects that.

I'm lucky - I've a choice of both. from a 125 to a 1450 - and I'm happy to be rider either. Car guys think I'm nuts for having a bike - bikers nuts for the cars. They're both denying themselves the joy of both.

...y'see.....I'm a both/and, not an either/or kinda guy.........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭zzr

yip:) what he said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

galwaytt wrote: »
    Ditto if you think having or using a car - any kind - affects that.

And I was going to bring up the fact that I'm also a cyclist which surely reduces my ability to be or real hardcore bikers' opinion on being a member of the Hardcore Biker group.

I think my bicycles are more expensive than my motorbikes, and car for that matter.

There now I've done it, broken my own rule on not talking about being a Hardcore Biker!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Well said GalwayTT ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

Zascar wrote: »
    "I really enjoy sex, so I will go out and try to fuk any and every fat ugly minger I can find. No thanks.

Yes please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Ya i read it-u were on about bhp when thats not the way id look at it-its KILOWATT POWER!

OK, you read my post, but you did not understand it.
    Let me help:
    A typical automobile engine produces mechanical energy at a rate of 25000watts (approximately 33.5 horsepower) while cruising.

Saying something has 33 BHP or 24 kW of power is the same thing. They both measure the same thing - power.
    Neither of them takes weight into consideration.

You can say some one is 1.72 m tall or you can say they are 5 foot 10. You are not saying what build they have or how much they weigh.

So, if you talk about Kilowatt or horsepower, you are talking about the same thing, just using different words.

Now, if you want to talk about power to weight ratio...

Da day id be jealous of a cage i'll know its all over! In fairness theyr for comfort-will never understand people buyin dem for power- theyrs no power in netin under 100 grand and more.

Yip - it is confirmed - you know nothing about cars.

Oh, and you have a full keyboard - please use it.

loads of cars are well powerful.
    Power to weight on a car is nowhere near as mad as a bike. That dont mean they're crap though. I really like cars. Loves bike though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Indian_Larry.jpg

IMO this is what a REAL biker looked like........RIP.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

P.C. wrote: »
    OK, you read my post, but you did not understand it.
    Let me help:

Saying something has 33 BHP or 24 kW of power is the same thing. They both measure the same thing - power.
    Neither of them takes weight into consideration.

You can say some one is 1.72 m tall or you can say they are 5 foot 10. You are not saying what build they have or how much they weigh.

So, if you talk about Kilowatt or horsepower, you are talking about the same thing, just using different words.

Now, if you want to talk about power to weight ratio...

Yip - it is confirmed - you know nothing about cars.

Oh, and you have a full keyboard - please use it.

Jesus, P.C. he's agreeing with you!

IMO this is what a REAL biker looked like........RIP.:(

He was alright apart from being a junky.

• Advertisement

seanybiker wrote: »
    He was alright apart from being a junky.

That, and he'd still be alive if he'd been wearing a helmet when he fell off his bike. Even hardcore bikers wear a helmet...

RIP Larry, keep her lit.

'c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

larry was a goood bike builder ,lost his hand to explosives i tink wich i tink he said made it easier to rebuild bike engins with 3 fingers instead of 5 fingers as as he said again wich i hate quoteing again since the accident his fingers reached the parts other fingers coudnt reach lol,,,i watched his dvd of the chain link frame he made ,,,,,it was class and proper welds and he was making them for americans ,fat over weight kants they are,,,,,,,,ledgend

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

That, and he'd still be alive if he'd been wearing a helmet when he fell off his bike. Even hardcore bikers wear a helmet...

RIP Larry, keep her lit.

'c

Is that so?

'k

ah in all fairness he was a smack head but he sorted that out and became a kinda cool chap. Standing up on a bike is kinda sad in my opinion but sure whatever floats your boat.
    What ya need to be a hardcore biker is a horrible looking cb750 that was made years ago and ya have to still go on about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Is that so?

'k

Smartarse.

'N

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Is that so?

'k

In five years on boards.ie I've never had to add anyone to my 'Ignore' list. Congratulations, you win first place on it.

I don't mind slagging, but mocking is unacceptable. And at the risk of being banned, I must point out that you are an ignorant toss-head who adds little in the line of contribution to any forum you frequent, aside from snide jabs I've never seen helpful advice from you. Get a life and don't waste your time replying - I won't see it.

>.<

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

In five years on boards.ie I've never had to add anyone to my 'Ignore' list. Congratulations, you win first place on it.

I don't mind slagging, but mocking is unacceptable. And at the risk of being banned, I must point out that you are an ignorant toss-head who adds little in the line of contribution to any forum you frequent, aside from snide jabs I've never seen helpful advice from you. Get a life and don't waste your time replying - I won't see it.

>.<

Mocking? I just like to sign my posts, it makes me stand out.

'K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭McArmalite

seanybiker wrote: »
    have the gsxr but me leathers are falling apart. Fook it anyways.
    Main thing you need to be a hardcore biker is a ban button. Them mods make us normal bikers look like pussies.
    Hardcore is a load of ****e anyways. Anyone that says/think they are hardcore is a bleeding numpty and deserves a nice little hammer to the teeth.
    Now im off for my yearly shower. Must make my beard all mad so it doesnt look styled and shave me head. I need to go stand in a pub looking angrily at people
    Good one Seany, yer still a mad yoke :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭McArmalite

What makes someone a 'Hardcore' Biker? - Sonny Barger ( The hardest hardcore biker of all time, let's see some of the yuppie HOGS trying to hang out with him :eek: )

03.jpg17.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

You need to smell like a tobacco factory, have a big scruffy beard on your face, and be eternally twisted. At least, that's my experience with Seany.

Advertisement