Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What makes someone a 'Hardcore' Biker?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

dlofnep wrote: »
    You need to smell like a tobacco factory, have a big scruffy beard on your face, and be eternally twisted. At least, that's my experience with Seany.
    Ha ha ha. How ya beats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

In five years on boards.ie I've never had to add anyone to my 'Ignore' list. Congratulations, you win first place on it.

I don't mind slagging, but mocking is unacceptable. And at the risk of being banned, I must point out that you are an ignorant toss-head who adds little in the line of contribution to any forum you frequent, aside from snide jabs I've never seen helpful advice from you. Get a life and don't waste your time replying - I won't see it.

>.<

Five years on boards, and you have not realised that your username is on the left of your post? :confused:

Even Mike has stopped signing his posts - it is just not cool anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Meanwhile back at the op..............;)

Stop all this bitchin lads.....its startin to like like biker.ie............:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

hardcore people dont care if someone signs their name after a post. Rarrrr im a bleeding animal ha ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

P.C. wrote: »
    signing posts - not cool anymore.

Who gets to decide whats cool? Everyone has stuff they like or dislike - I'm a biker and I say my signoff is waaay cool and you suck monkeys. I don't like dlofneps palestinian flag, I don't like narrow-mindedness and I don't like any sport-related sig but you don't find me in R&R (or anywhere else) going on about it.

Now, I have chocolate flavour BLOWME and vanilla flavour BLOWME, which would you like, or a scoop of each? I have a thesis to write, screw you guys I'm going home...

128011579_4dff55c248.jpg

'cptr

• Advertisement

Who gets to decide whats cool?

Glad you asked that question.

I do! :D
    I don't like narrow-mindedness

Then, don't be narrow-minded.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Who gets to decide whats cool? Everyone has stuff they like or dislike - I'm a biker and I say my signoff is waaay cool and you suck monkeys. I don't like dlofneps palestinian flag, I don't like narrow-mindedness and I don't like any sport-related sig but you don't find me in R&R (or anywhere else) going on about it.

Now, I have chocolate flavour BLOWME and vanilla flavour BLOWME, which would you like, or a scoop of each? I have a thesis to write, screw you guys I'm going home...

128011579_4dff55c248.jpg

'cptr

awh, poor baby. Want me to come over and put your toys back in your pram?

'kkzi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

seanybiker wrote: »
    Ha ha ha. How ya beats

grand boss!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭salysol

hardcore biker !!!!
    well i would have to say ,since the late seventies,there's very few so called seasoned bikers that are placed in a situation of circumstance.
    most people can afford both 2 and 4 wheels,where as ,it used to be one or the other.
    and lets face it,definately from the late 60s going back to the beginning of bikers,
    1/they didn't have proper protection.
    2/they couldn't stop in a hurry.
    3/they rode in all weather.
    4/they didn't have mobiles,in the event of a breakdown/accident.
    i could go on but i'm sure you get the gist of it.
    since then there are no hardcore bikers,they might think they are,but they're long gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭zzr

i remember when i was a hard done biker , wearing yellow oilskins when it rained and every where else was dry but yer balls always got wet, in winter your fingers nearly fell off cause your gloves werent worth a curse and cause times were tuff you could wear chains and sprokets down where the chain always fell off at some stage in your trip and 50p would fill you tank so tuffen up you pussys they were tough times but but you were a hardcore biker back then:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

my 2c worth, if you have the balls to get up on one and drive it despite the rain, ignorant car drivers (not all of them are ignorant, mind you) and our inherently shítty roads, then thats hardcore enough for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭zzr

well i agree with the ham part but i fnking hate mustard ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

I believe a Hardcore biker is someone who on a sunny day, decided to forego the gloves and leather pants, is driving along at a moderate speed towards a massive hailstorm, and thinks, "i've been in worse" and continues on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

KamiKazi wrote: »
    awh, poor baby. Want me to come over and put your toys back in your pram?

'kkzi

I'm new here, but not new to biker.ie, where I see interceptor helps people with informative posts. You're the only person I've seen that has a sad issue with him signing his posts. Are you ok dude?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I'm new here... You're the only person I've seen.... Are you ok dude?

erm ???

kudos for joining up to post that.

In all my years on Boards, Biker, IBF and others I haven't seen seen such compulsion to open a new account.

Welcome by the way, but how about contributing rather than criticising eh? It's all a laugh anyway.:pac:

I'm new here, but not new to biker.ie, where I see interceptor helps people with informative posts. You're the only person I've seen that has a sad issue with him signing his posts. Are you ok dude?

awh, you're so cute

I get the feeling that we can bat this one back and forward until we wear the letters off our keyboards but the REAL hardcore bikers won't be joining us on the sissy internet any time soon.

I'm off for my low fat mocca-frappucino and bran muffin, anyone coming for a spin?

'c

I get the feeling that we can bat this one back and forward until we wear the letters off our keyboards but the REAL hardcore bikers won't be joining us on the sissy internet any time soon.

I'm off for my low fat mocca-frappucino and bran muffin, anyone coming for a spin?

'c

oh hey Stainless Steel, whats up?

'k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

'c

Those bran muffins give me indigestion. Hardcore!

nereid wrote: »
    erm ???

kudos for joining up to post that.

In all my years on Boards, Biker, IBF and others I haven't seen seen such compulsion to open a new account.

Welcome by the way, but how about contributing rather than criticising eh? It's all a laugh anyway.:pac:

Wrong assumption, I joined up to look at other forums and just found the motorbikes section today, so no such compulsion to open an account. I will be contributing.
    awh, you're so cute

Thank you. I will watch your posts with interest, you are hilarious.

• Advertisement

Wrong assumption, I joined up to look at other forums and just found the motorbikes section today, so no such compulsion to open an account. I will be contributing.

Thank you. I will watch your posts with interest, you are hilarious.

Thanks, I was thinking of doing podcasts, would you listen to them? Mainly on the topic of hardcore biking, with the odd discussion on creating new troll accounts and post signing.

Thanks, I was thinking of doing podcasts, would you listen to them? Mainly on the topic of hardcore biking, with the odd discussion on creating new troll accounts and post signing.

What's a 'troll account'? I only created an account to have discussions on boards.ie, is that a troll account?

Apologies, my first post seems to have offended, was just commenting that you mocked someone for no reason.

About hardcore bikers - none use the interweb, so that counts us all out.

What's a 'troll account'? I only created an account to have discussions on boards.ie, is that a troll account?

Apologies, my first post seems to have offended, was just commenting that you mocked someone for no reason.

About hardcore bikers - none use the interweb, so that counts us all out.

Whats wrong 'septic, forget your password?

Whats wrong 'septic, forget your password?

:confused:

Thanks for playing, but this is getting boring. I'm off to do some work, take it easy.

'kkzi

:confused:

He's on my 'Ignore' list, its like earplugs for the internets...

'c

Thanks for playing, but this is getting boring. I'm off to do some work, take it easy.

'kkzi

You're meant to be working too? :D Later man.

He's on my 'Ignore' list, its like earplugs for the internets...

'c

Great idea.

A lot of replies.

Some informative, some not.

I have to agree with one of the posters - the days of the 'Hardcore' Biker is gone.

Now days, you are either a biker or not.

It does not matter what you ride - from a little 125 (or smaller) to a Goldwing (or bigger), and everthing in between - we do it because we enjoy it.

So, now the question becomes - is someone who rides their bike every day a better biker then somone who only takes their bike out on nice warm sunny days?

Short answer - NO!
    Long answer - No! - both are bikers, they do it because they enjoy it

I could go on, eg. does paying to have a main dealer service your bike make you a worse biker - NO! Maybe you have money to spend on having somone qualified take care of your bike -maybe you don't have the time or know how to do it yourself.

If you servive and maintain your bike yourself, and you a better biker. No! Just means that you know more about engines and stuff/have more time/prefer to do it yourself, etc.

Oh, and there is no such thing as the wrong bike!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

one of these mo4.jpg Man that's hardcore to the max:P

Advertisement