Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What makes someone a 'Hardcore' Biker?

1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I do.

Hmm I smell a banning... ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Quint wrote: »
    Every piece of harley after market rubbish has that written on it.

Just want to add, anyone who wears urban combat stuff on a bike is a tosser

Not everyone wants to either look like a power ranger or an OCC wannabe ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Next time you see someone wearing them be sure to tell them. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I love my urban camo jacket. Some of the lads in work like to take the piss out me asking if I am doing any Arctic Trekking - or if I am a lost member of East 17 etc etc - but its all part of the fun! I don't just want a normal black jacket, i want something different, and I've got loads of compliments on it - the fact that some people don't like them just makes it better.

East 17 bit made me laugh, gotta admit :D

fvck everyone else, once you're happy ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Saw two guys on ane english reg bandit last w/end....both wearing bike gear exclusive to "Lifestyle" ...neither had gloves on either....could'nt decide if they were just "casual" bikers, it was robbed or i'm just getting too old and sensible.... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

On shorter rides, I just want to wear something handy, that I can easily wear off the bike. I can't really afford the more expensive stuff right now, the cheapest thing that offered a decent amount of protection was a pair of pants, combat styled.

Guess that makes me a tosser.

Not that I give a flying f**k what the fashion police think :D

Sids Not wrote: »
    Saw two guys on ane english reg bandit last w/end....both wearing bike gear exclusive to "Lifestyle" ...neither had gloves on either....could'nt decide if they were just "casual" bikers, it was robbed or i'm just getting too old and sensible.... :o

A dose of road rash will learn 'em :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Every piece of harley after market rubbish has that written on it.

why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Next time you see someone wearing them be sure to tell them. :rolleyes:

hope its me

• Advertisement

Tigger wrote: »
    why?
    Probably cause he just does not understand the youth of today and their newfangled fashions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

It's funny how the motorcycling and cycling forum's overlap in such ways.

We should have some "euro rules" for motorbikes.

As a personal opinion, I enjoy wearing "race" leathers and probably (euro) shades around town, or around ikea, or wherever that there are crowds, because people look at you funny and you can barge through them with impunity knowing that the armour will hurt them more than it will you...:D

Surely that's hardcore?

nereid wrote: »
    Surely that's hardcore?

TO THE MAX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

nereid wrote: »
    As a personal opinion, I enjoy wearing "race" leathers and probably (euro) shades around town, or around THE GEORGE PUB, or wherever that there are crowds, because people look at you funny and you can barge through them with impunity knowing that the armour will hurt them more than it will you...:D

Surely that's hardcore?

:D:D:D

nodster :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

....only yanking yer chain! do it all the time on the buswalds site ;)

Nodster wrote: »
    ....only yanking yer chain! do it all the time on the buswalds site ;)

no no, it was funny, that was my attempt at a wry smile. :D

Advertisement