Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Cow P&R - TOP MARKS

Options
  • 19-08-2009 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Used it for the first time last week. So handy driving down from Sligo now good roads all the way, no real traffic and one exit down the M50. Red Line tram into city centre.

Have no idea why never used it before but it's avoids a lot of hassle going into town looking and paying for parking etc.

Ironic that in recent times going from Sligo to Dublin I have now used trams more than trains.

Thanks Luas!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

So handy driving down from Sligo now good roads all the way, no real traffic......

Really? I'm sure it's better than it was several years ago, but I would hardly say that there are 'good roads all the way'?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Really? I'm sure it's better than it was several years ago, but I would hardly say that there are 'good roads all the way'?

Certainly from Carrick on Shannon to Dublin the roads are fine. Not sure about Sligo-CoS

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Could also drive to Maynooth, train in from there to Connolly, trains every 20 minutes. That way you avoid N4 traffic around Lucan,etc. and the M50.

If you're travelling from Sligo, why not get the train from there???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭Genghis

a_ominous wrote: »
    Could also drive to Maynooth, train in from there to Connolly, trains every 20 minutes. That way you avoid N4 traffic around Lucan,etc. and the M50.

If you're travelling from Sligo, why not get the train from there???

Always baffles me, this one. Every train station in the country is effectively a P&R facility to the red Luas line. When I drive to Dublin (rarely), if I am at the Red Cow, I see bringing the car the rest of the way as better than parking it there and tramming it in.

But then again, I would nearly always take the train to Heuston and pick the luas up there or walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

MOH wrote: »
    Certainly from Carrick on Shannon to Dublin the roads are fine. Not sure about Sligo-CoS

There is quite a bit of crappy road from Sligo to Carrick-on-Shannon (DC out of Sligo and 2+1 sections around Lough Kee excepted). Also, Roosky to Mullingar isn't great-I find the traffic heavy enough and there are few opportunities to overtake safetly.
    a_ominous wrote:
    That way you avoid N4 traffic around Lucan,etc. and the M50.

In fairness, since the N4->M50 upgrade has been finished, this is not a bad stretch at all. N4 has been free flowing since they opened the extra lanes and M50 traffic doesn't get backed up until after you pass the Red Cow exit southbound.

• Advertisement
Advertisement