Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Module Registration

Options
  • 19-08-2009 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

On the UCD website it says I can start my module registration tomorrow, 20 August. But what time on the 20th can I start this from does anyone know? I couldn't find a time on the website. Thanks. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

theres no time set for it ........its pretty random really

could be 12 2nite , 6 in the morning or 2 mins past 2 !

So ye ...... just best to keep checkin whenever ya can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ice_cream

thanks very much :D

NO problemos...........Wat course ya startin?

Veterinary Medicine :D can't wait!!
    U starting or started already??

Awh cool..... i remember hearing about the day they got a baby elephant into the college...........VERY COOL ha

Ye im goin into 2nd year Climate and Earth system Science

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

im starting the general science course..

my registration date starts from the 27th doesnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

im starting the general science course..

my registration date starts from the 27th doesnt it?

19 Aug

All CAO Stage 1 students & Incoming International Students to Stage 1 Medicine, Graduate Entry Medicine and Graduate Entry Veterinary Medicine.

Phase 1 Personal Information only

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

All this module stuff goes waaaay over my head...

All this module stuff goes waaaay over my head...

Ask and you shall get your answer. What do you want to know?

Ask and you shall get your answer. What do you want to know?
    :D

I love this place

I'm doing the arts omnibus but want to major in politics...that's all I know at the moment.

(What exactly IS a module...?)

• Advertisement

:D

I love this place

I'm doing the arts omnibus but want to major in politics...that's all I know at the moment.

(What exactly IS a module...?)

Right, not an arts student so not sure if it is they same system as they have in science, but I'd be guessing it is the same.

Basiclly, when you reg, you will select a number (2-3) "Subject Streams". So for example, you might pick, Politics, History, and Geogorphy.

This means, you are reged to do the "modules" that are required for you to get into stage 2 (second year) politics, history or geo. Come next semester, you'll be asked to pick which one you want to do.

A modules is basically just a subject that you study for your degree. So in politics you might take a module in "Voting Patterns" or "Introduction to Irish Politics". Modules are basically the building blocks of your degree.

Again, I must stress, I am not an arts student and any names of courses/degree above I have just picked from the top of my head. What's more, I based the above info on science, being a science student, but I'd be guessing it would be the same.

Right, not an arts student so not sure if it is they same system as they have in science, but I'd be guessing it is the same.

Basiclly, when you reg, you will select a number (2-3) "Subject Streams". So for example, you might pick, Politics, History, and Geogorphy.

This means, you are reged to do the "modules" that are required for you to get into stage 2 (second year) politics, history or geo. Come next semester, you'll be asked to pick which one you want to do.

A modules is basically just a subject that you study for your degree. So in politics you might take a module in "Voting Patterns" or "Introduction to Irish Politics". Modules are basically the building blocks of your degree.

Again, I must stress, I am not an arts student and any names of courses/degree above I have just picked from the top of my head. What's more, I based the above info on science, being a science student, but I'd be guessing it would be the same.
    Ahh I seeee! That did help a lot, thanks. I've read through some of the stuff on the site but none of it went in o_O

Cheers :D

You should have got some form of pack in the post. All the info is in there too

I did. Didn't make much sense to me ... :D

I'll do GREAT at college!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭theboat

IrishKnight is spot on!

I'm going into second year arts, so I went through all this last year.
    You need to complete 60 credits in first year, and each module is worth 5 credits. So that's 12 modules (six in semester 1 and six in semester 2). If you choose three subjects (which is the standard no. for first year) you'll probably do 4 modules in each.
    A module usually involves one or two lectures a week, and a tutorial or seminar each week, for the duration of the semester. You're examined and assessed for each module, not each subject i.e. you'll probably have 4 politics exams in first year, one for each module.
    Hope that helps :)

theboat wrote: »
    IrishKnight is spot on!

I'm going into second year arts, so I went through all this last year.
    You need to complete 60 credits in first year, and each module is worth 5 credits. So that's 12 modules (six in semester 1 and six in semester 2). If you choose three subjects (which is the standard no. for first year) you'll probably do 4 modules in each.
    A module usually involves one or two lectures a week, and a tutorial or seminar each week, for the duration of the semester. You're examined and assessed for each module, not each subject i.e. you'll probably have 4 politics exams in first year, one for each module.
    Hope that helps :)
    Ahh I see! And it all becomes clear.

Did you do any of linguistics, sociology, philosophy, French or Spanish?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Sorry i meant its the 27th for the module selection?

Sorry i meant its the 27th for the module selection?

Spot on

So is it the 27th for all courses?! I can't find the dates on the site, swear I read them yesterday...

So is it the 27th for all courses?! I can't find the dates on the site, swear I read them yesterday...

http://www.ucd.ie/students/regdates.html

27 Aug

All CAO Stage 1 undergraduate students (including Stage 1 repeats) & Incoming International Students to Stage 1 Medicine, Graduate Entry Medicine and Graduate Entry Veterinary Medicine.

Phase 2 Module Registration: Core/Option and Elective

• Advertisement

Cheers, once again!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

Has anyone managed to complete phase 2 this morning?

Still saying it's not available for me, trying to register for psychology

Anyone have any idea about picking modules for first year Veterinary Medicine? I have no idea what to expect.

samsamson wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to complete phase 2 this morning?

Still saying it's not available for me, trying to register for psychology

Are you a first year? If so, you don't reg until the 27th. Otherwise check http://www.ucd.ie/students/regdates.html to be sure.

For the 20th August it says Stage 2-6 of vet medicine can reg for modules. But if I'm only going into my first year does that mean I'm only stage 1? thanks :D

Ye ur only doin stage 1........So its the 27th for yourself ...........

Thanks very much :D

Stage = year basically...

Advertisement