Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whos gona b on CAMPUS!!!!

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Wendero wrote: »
    Well, I didn't plan to reveal where I'm going to live. But who cares, everyone else seems to be doing it;)

Avoca 5. Don't know if anyone wants to visit me, and don't know if anyone would want me to visit them, but now you know;)

I can guarantee I'm not as annoying in real life as on boards.ie :P

/John
    woohoo more avoca people

welcome to the club no.5 i'm no.10;):cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

Thanks for the warm welcome:)

I can't show you a picture I'm afraid (wrong computer), but let's just say it's easy to recognize me; I'm the guy with the Swedish accent;)

/John

I can't show you a picture I'm afraid (wrong computer), but let's just say it's easy to recognize me; I'm the guy with the Swedish accent;)

/John
    ha swedish accent? hows that?

Never heard someone with a Swedish accent?

Well...

"jah" instead of "yeah"
    No difference between W and V
    Pronounces all Swedish names and stuff the way it should be pronounced;) Like, IKEA is pronounced a different way in Swedish than in English. Same goes for ABBA. All names of famous Swedes will be said with a Swedish pronounciation (which means many people won't know who you're talking about:P).
    Also, I will occasionally when angry/confused scream things like "MEN!", a swedish word which in this context means "Why!?" ;)

Hehe, I can give you all a lesson in Swedish if you want;)
    /John

Never heard someone with a Swedish accent?

Well...

"jah" instead of "yeah"
    No difference between W and V
    Pronounces all Swedish names and stuff the way it should be pronounced;) Like, IKEA is pronounced a different way in Swedish than in English. Same goes for ABBA. All names of famous Swedes will be said with a Swedish pronounciation (which means many people won't know who you're talking about:P).
    Also, I will occasionally when angry/confused scream things like "MEN!", a swedish word which in this context means "Why!?" ;)

Hehe, I can give you all a lesson in Swedish if you want;)
    /John

yes but are you swedish. or just incredibly talented at impersonating swedes

• Advertisement

I am Swedish!:) Not an impersonator;)

I come from the north of Sweden. You know, the place where they got polar bears on their streets:P

Haha, okay, we don't have polar bears, but it's funny some foreigners really believe we do;)

However, it's quite cold here. Can be about - 20 Celsius in December/january, and 20-30 inches of snow on the ground.

/John

I am Swedish!:) Not an impersonator;)

I come from the north of Sweden. You know, the place where they got polar bears on their streets:P

Haha, okay, we don't have polar bears, but it's funny some foreigners really believe we do;)

However, it's quite cold here. Can be about - 20 Celsius in December/january, and 20-30 inches of snow on the ground.

/John
    ah you get snow? what the hell are you coming to ireland for? we dont get snow....i love snow...can you bring me some?? (random request i know ha)

Hm, out of pure curiosity: Have you ever, in your entire life, shoveled snow? What about showeled 15 inches of snow? At the same time? For 1-2 hours in a row?:P You'll get tired of it in the long run;)

However, the fact that I'm from a cold country may help me in River. Walls are known to be thin. But I mean, what's all the whining about? You get like 10 degrees in the winter, ABOVE zero. You know what we call 10 degrees above zero in Sweden? Summer! That's when we play beach volleyball for god's sake:P

/John

Hm, out of pure curiosity: Have you ever, in your entire life, shoveled snow? What about showeled 15 inches of snow? At the same time? For 1-2 hours in a row?:P You'll get tired of it in the long run;)

However, the fact that I'm from a cold country may help me in River. Walls are known to be thin. But I mean, what's all the whining about? You get like 10 degrees in the winter, ABOVE zero. You know what we call 10 degrees above zero in Sweden? Summer! That's when we play beach volleyball for god's sake:P

/John
    my new friend i think you will find that ireland is hard pressed to get 3 inches of snow let alone 15 ha...though i do have an amazing love for snow

ah but do you get rain in sweden as frequently as we do?

the problem we have with irish weather is that there's no balance....no matter what the weather there is always some element of it which is unsatisfactory (even a sunny day...usually brings intense humidty)

I know you don't get snow, or much of it:) We don't have as much rain as you have, though.

I take it you haven't shoveled snow:P I've done it a lot, since I was like five or six years old:P

You should spend your christmas break here:) Then you'll get all snow you want:) And all julmust, as well:) It's a christmas drink (non-alcoholic) that we have here. Yummy!:)

/John

• Advertisement

I know you don't get snow, or much of it:) We don't have as much rain as you have, though.

I take it you haven't shoveled snow:P I've done it a lot, since I was like five or six years old:P

You should spend your christmas break here:) Then you'll get all snow you want:) And all julmust, as well:) It's a christmas drink (non-alcoholic) that we have here. Yummy!:)

/John
    ah rain is terrible here

really it is:(

At least you don't have to shovel rain water:( Stop whine you big baby!:( ;)

Also, you can get palm trees in Ireland:( Just try that in Sweden:P We have a lot of forests, but no palm trees:(

As if it wasn't enough, you got Ryanair:( We only have IKEA, and IKEA is sooo much less exciting than Ryanair:(

Just kidding:)
    /John

At least you don't have to shovel rain water:( Stop whine you big baby!:( ;)

Also, you can get palm trees in Ireland:( Just try that in Sweden:P We have a lot of forests, but no palm trees:(

As if it wasn't enough, you got Ryanair:( We only have IKEA, and IKEA is sooo much less exciting than Ryanair:(

Just kidding:)
    /John
    ooh now ryanair...the only airline that will land you around 100 miles away from your original destination lol

100 miles? Hey, try a few months of shoveling, after that, 100 miles will be like a walk in the park:P

Just kidding;) Hey, what do people associate Sweden and Swedes with? Just curious.

/John

100 miles? Hey, try a few months of shoveling, after that, 100 miles will be like a walk in the park:P

Just kidding;) Hey, what do people associate Sweden and Swedes with? Just curious.

/John
    cant really think of primary associations with sweden....i believe the koennigsegg car is from there yes?

Could be, I'm not good with cars:( Never been interested in them.

I thought you were going to say IKEA, ABBA, meatballs, pancakes etc like all other foreigners I ask:P Anyway, I guess we're not that famous in Ireland... yet;)

/John

ah to be honest they never cam to mind at all ha

aww, don't you know about IKEA? It's an essential part of the Swedish identity for god's sake!:( It's like, more important than the vikings:(

I really hope you can buy meatballs in Ireland. Otherwise I'll miss them:( ;)

If you ask a Swede what comes to his mind when thinking of Ireland, he'll probably say: Whiskey, Guinness, the IRA, catholicism, abortion ban, leprechauns, shamrock, irish folk music...

Oh, and I have to confess one thing: I don't like whiskey. So, it's gonna get really hard for me to get integrated into the irish society:P

/John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Ugh.Im.Clashing

/John

Judging from the Swedish people I know [i.e. two], Swedish accent = amazing :D

Yeah, swedish accent really is amazing:) I almost hope I'll keep it for a long time, I kind of like it:P

Btw, where are those two Swedes from? We have different dialects here too, and so I guess that can partly affect your accent. I'm from northern Sweden.
    /John

• Advertisement

They're both from Sundsvall. I checked the map and it looks to be midway down the country so I'm guessing your accent and their accent would probably be quite different?

I'm living about 175 kilometres north of Sundsvall:) No, not much difference between the dialect in Sundsvall and here. So, probably the same amazing accent:P haha.

I don't think much about my accent really, just know it's there. Your english sounds much better in your own head, than it does to others I guess. I mean, everyone I've talked with (and now I mean native english speaking people) agree that my english is great, but no-one denies that I have an accent, so I guess they're right:)

/John

Well you always have an accent to someone else. My one changes depending on who I'm talking with. I know that usually happens with people but for me it's sometimes really quick and gets embarrassing when it sounds like you're mocking the other person :(. I seem to change between Irish, American, English and Australian, but generally American. The amount of times I've been asked when did I come over from the States XD... It's all down to the influence of tv/music :p

[I'm one post away now from being able to leave you a visitor message XD]

Hehe, I guess you're right about that. My english always gets better after a few days of talking;) Like when I was on a two weeks vacation to spain. I got used to it. Now, when I talk with the admissions office or so, I always say the wrong word and sound nervous. Is it just me, or do they talk like... fast?:( Most people seem to be talking slower:(

Well, just make that post and give me a visitors message then!:) Where do you live, btw? Don't know if you said that earlier, don't remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

PrivateEye wrote: »
    A Dubliners first thoughts upon hearing the word Mayo...

culchie3.jpg

A Dubliners first thoughts upon hearing anywhere else than Dublin....
    farmers-at-work.jpg

Cows.JPG

bog10b.jpg

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Be careful, people might get the wrong idea....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Saysha

Ha thanks K4t & jpcarlow..will def be taking you up on the offer! Am terrified of filling up time between lectures & that..sitting on my own in a cafe just doesnt seem that appealing!

Saysha wrote: »
    Ha thanks K4t & jpcarlow..will def be taking you up on the offer! Am terrified of filling up time between lectures & that..sitting on my own in a cafe just doesnt seem that appealing!
    no prob saysha....i'll PM you info so you can get in contact with me if you want to waste time between lectures

Advertisement