Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting accommodation

Options
  • 19-08-2009 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

hi guys

just inb the process of looking for a new place. someone was mentioning to me that i should check with the esb and bord gais before signing for these to check that there are no outstanding charges.

is this just a matter of ringing them up and asking them is there any outstanding charges on the relevant account number?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Buffy the bitch

mac09 wrote: »
    hi guys

just inb the process of looking for a new place. someone was mentioning to me that i should check with the esb and bord gais before signing for these to check that there are no outstanding charges.

is this just a matter of ringing them up and asking them is there any outstanding charges on the relevant account number?

cheers

Yeah once you have the account number tell them your thinking of moving in and make sure the bill is cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭AmcD

Any outstanding bills are nothing to do with you, if you are the new tenant. Ring up Bord Gais and ESB with meter readings for both. You will only be responsible for bills once they have your name and meter reading from when you moved in.

Advertisement