Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Water Expansion Tank BMW E46 318i 2002

• 19-08-2009 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi, I've a leaking water expansion tank (I think this is the term, its where I pour in the coolant mixture), I'm hoping that's the only problem. Anyway I've been looking online for this part but can't find it. I was talking to one mechanic who thought it'll probably cost €130 approx but I saw a thread earlier with someone mentioning it should cost around €30. So I started to see if I could order it myself and get a mechanic to fit it. Does anyone know where a part like this can be ordered? I heard this is a common problem with this model's tank, does this mean BMW have rectified this for new tanks sold?

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭beam99

I think german swedish and french motor parts do them, not sure on the price, but they are a common problem, the tank splits down the side.Also you could try eurocarparts.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Yea they all go eventually...

I can't remember from memory what BMW charge for the tank something around €70 rings a bell for some reason. Its not too bad to change them, but the bottom bracket that holds it onto the rad is very flimsy and can easily get broken.

The bigger pain is once the connections have been disturbed sometimes the o-rings don't seal correctly... you can measure and order the o-rings really cheaply from some where like abbey seals.

Advertisement