Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

turn on lights by text?

Options
  • 19-08-2009 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

hi guy,just wondering does any one know where i can get a device that call on a contactor or relay by text message ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

bonzos wrote: »
    hi guy,just wondering does any one know where i can get a device that call on a contactor or relay by text message ?

You could use a g-smart, go on to www.jandei.com

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

This could be done with a SigNet & GSM dialler,
    A much more flexible option would be the SigNet 220 with built in web server & X10 module. With the alarms cause & effect setting combined with X10 the options are endless.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

altor wrote: »
    You could use a g-smart, go on to www.jandei.com
    cheers altor,would you know the suppliers in ireland who stock this product?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭10-10-20

That g-smart seems to be an alarm system rather than a SMS control system.
    Try these guys - http://www.rfsolutions.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

http://www.rfsolutions.co.uk/acatalog/Low_Cost_GSM_TelemetryRC.html

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

I know radionics had such a device 2 years ago so i presume they still have it plus Bluetooth devices just look up gsm relays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

bonzos wrote: »
    cheers altor,would you know the suppliers in ireland who stock this product?

You can get it in borsatec, they cost €265 plus vat. Its the cheapest place to get them i know.

G-smart can function to remote connection/disconnection.
    Relays 2-8 can be connected to any electrical device.
    This means that by sms the user can operate electrical devices remotely, receiving back through sms the confirmation of the correct connection/disconnection.
    It can be used on lights, central heating (temperature control), alarms any kind of electrical control.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Saw something like this in B&Q in Liffey Valley.

There was a central control unit and you replaced the switched and sockets you wanted to control.

Advertisement