Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oil now but Geothermal later ???

• 19-08-2009 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all,

I’m considering using Geothermal heating in the future but at the moment we are going to go with a condensing oil boiler for our new build. I just feel right now the upfront investment is a bit much for our new build.

My question is about implementing my oil system in the correct design so that it will be straightforward to swap out at a later date for the geothermal system.

We have an option to place the 300L tank upstairs (some converted unused space as we don’t have an attic). This would work for our oil system but I’m wondering would it be better to locate the tank on the ground floor for the future option of the geothermal system? Can someone let me know if the geothermal components need to be kept located close to each other or can they be dispersed throughout the house?

Thanks,
    PJ

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26 kevymoss

I have completed a numerous amount of these installs and the best thing to do is allow the two systems seperate

as for cylinder positioning it doesnt really matter as long as the insulation on peipe is good

thanks
    kev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ferngreen

Had a customer this week who had done what you are thinking about doing.

Basically the best thing to do if when you are getting your underfloor heating put in get it done by the company you plan on getting the geothermal system with so they can put the systems in place to get the geothermal in place in a few years.

That way in a few years you can just ring them up and ask them to price the system for you based on the details they already have on file.

It will cost a little bit extra at first but will save you thousands when you are getting the geothermal fitted.

Advertisement