Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macro Question

• 19-08-2009 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Quick question. I'm using the basic instructions on the WoW europe site to help me create a macro.
    Here is what I've done:

/cast Corruption
    /stopcasting
    /cast Curse of Agony
    /stopcasting
    /cast Immolate
    /stopcasting
    /cast Shadow Bolt

However when I use this macro, only the shadow bolt is actually cast. The rest of the commands do nothing, this is the same regardless of whether I use he /stopcasting command between casts.
    Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

So you expect to be able to spam one macro over and over in raids ?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭smithcity

That's the idea, otherwise what's the point of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

im no expert in macros, but im pretty sure its ompossibel to do what you are looking for to be honest. There is probably a limit to the amount of spells you can cast in one macro. Try reducign it down untill it works, then make a second one, and a third and more if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

I write a good few macros and you used to be able to do what u want but it was changed in patch 1.x.x! The reason you cant do that is the global cooldown. Theres is no way around it at all apart from hacks. Macros nowadays are used quite a bit still, and its a must for some classes like mages. The only things you can put in macros are spells/talents/trinkets/whatever that dont share cooldowns and that dont trigger global cooldown, tho the the last spell can trigger GCD. Shout if u want examples/help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DrinkFeckArse

/castsequence Corruption, Curse of Agony, Immolate

I'm no good at macros but that one works. It wont work with Shadowbolt though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I remember i had a Macro with my Warlock where it would cast Immolate, Corruption, CoA and Siphon Life, back in the day. Was pretty hando for my dots. It's been a while though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

As has been said already, this kind of macro has not been possible for a long time. You have to learn to press each key individually ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

WellyJ wrote: »
    As has been said already, this kind of macro has not been possible for a long time. You have to learn to press each key individually ;)

No you dont, right now im using /castsequence reset=combat/target haunt, curse of agony, unstable affliction, corruption, drain life

OP try this macro
    /castsequence reset=combat/target corruption, curse of agony, immolate, shadow bolt, shadow bolt, shadow bolt
    Should do what you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

That does not help him at all actually as he is trying to make a macro that will cast all those abilities with 1 press.

It's not possible.

The value of cast sequence macros is very questionable, it is very difficult to think of a situation where you would bother with them unless your class' rotation is completely trivial.

Situations change often during a raid/encounter and you should be able to adapt and prioritize your abilities. Macros such as the one you posted just make people lazy and lower their overall performance.

Advertisement