Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef Curry

Options
  • 19-08-2009 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Can someone tell me EXACTLY how to make beef curry and rice ( for one) . Easiest one to start with.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Here's my chicken curry recipe - just substitute half a pound of rib steak, sliced thinly, for the chicken and simmer it for a bit longer until it's tender. also, use a beef stock cube instead of a chicken one. This will serve 2 but you could freeze half.

4 boneless chicken breasts (one per person), cut into cubes
    3-4 medium onions
    1 Large carrot or 1 red or yellow pepper, sliced
    1-2 Cloves of garlic, crushed
    1 dessertspoon of flour
    3 tablespoons of medium curry powder (I use Sharwood's)
    1 pint of hot water
    1 chicken stock cube
    1 Tablespoon of mango chutney
    1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
    1 Tablespoon of tomato purée
    Oil for frying

Fry the onion and carrot or pepper in oil over a low heat until soft. Add the garlic and fry for a minute, then turn up the heat and add the chicken and fry until sealed.
    Turn the heat down low and add the curry powder, cook for a few minutes. Sprinkle on the flour and stir until it’s absorbed. Then add the stock and stir well. Add the chutney, tomato puree and lemon juice and bring back to the boil. Simmer for around ½ hour. If it reduces too much, add some hot water, if it’s too thin turn up the heat and it will reduce.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The link wrote: »
    Can someone tell me EXACTLY how to make beef curry and rice ( for one) . Easiest one to start with.

Thanks.
    What sort of curry are you thinking of? Indian? Chinese? Other?

Advertisement