Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hull 1 Spurs 5

Options
  • 19-08-2009 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

I've just watched one of the best away performances I've seen us play for years.

Other than a shakey 10 minute spell in the first half we looked totally class and tbh could have easily knocked in another few.

Although some will say 'it was only Hull', which is fair enough but it was the manner of the performance which pleased me the most and especially Jermain Defoe. He was brilliant tonight.

Hopefully we can keep the momentum going with a similar performance against West Ham this sunday.

COYS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Great display, our passing was excellent. Defoe, Keane and Palacious were class, the whole team was. Chuffed! :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

great performance all round,Defoe and Keane standing out,Hutton also had a good game,lets bring this forward to West ham on sunday.If i were to pick out one fault tonight it was Luka's set pieces but hey its hard to find anything wrong with a 5-1 win.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭RingoSpur

Great performance tonight, there was about 15 or 20 mins in the first half where we looked a bit vulnerable but all in all quite impressive.

My 20 euro bet on defoe to be top scorer in the premier league is looking very nice. 25-1 I have him at

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Once we get daws or woody fit again it'll be all systems go bassong needs another really good CB to play with Corluka is an excellent right back but very shakey in the centre.

Great performace tho delighted top of the league till the weekend anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Delighted with that performance tonight! Defoe looks in top form and Keane was instrumental in a good few of the goals. Plus its the first time in a couple of seasons that we have a really nice away kit. Will defo be buying it at the end of the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Defoe’s second and third goals, some finishes. Keano’s run and header was brilliant. Great to see Palacios on the scoresheet as well.

Kudos to Hutton, Ekotto, Huddlestone and Lennon.

Thought we moved the ball really well, pressured them nicely, and really took the game to them. Great to see an away win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Cpt Omally

my old man put 50 euro on spurs to win 5-1 and defoe to score first....bastard lol. a very good result for us. all 5 goals were brilliand and it was nice to see lennon make a good cross for keane to convert lol. West Ham are a dodgy team but if we play half as good as we did last night its going to be a good weekend for the yids! COYS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Cpt Omally wrote: »
    my old man put 50 euro on spurs to win 5-1 and defoe to score first....bastard lol. a very good result for us. all 5 goals were brilliand and it was nice to see lennon make a good cross for keane to convert lol. West Ham are a dodgy team but if we play half as good as we did last night its going to be a good weekend for the yids! COYS!!

Holy ****, He must have the bones of 7k out of that.

Advertisement