Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I crazy!!

Options
  • 19-08-2009 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hey folks

I have just registered with ACCA DIRECTLY as a mature student. I plan on studing F1 - F9 at home with out the aid of distance learning and courses etc! This is due to financal resictions at the minute. I decided to go with BPP study texts and revision kits only for papers F2 and F3 which I hope to sit in December.

Has anyone else every done this? How did they get on? IS IT POSSIBLE??:eek:

Seams to me like a very scary few years!!

Any and all advise welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

Nah, youre not crazy, its quite doable.

The main difficulty in homestudy is actually putting the hours in and not getting distracted etc. Some people learn a lot quicker going to their own pace aswell. The hard part is when you get stuck and for the life of you cant see the answer/why the answer is like that. Lecturers are great for asking questions when stuck like this, but tbh with acc forums on the net you can get any technical qs answered very quickly.

Also theres no need for the full time study packs imo. Far too expensive and not necessary, study texts and revision kits are plenty. And now with resources like this

http://www.opentuition.com/

that have everything from full study texts to video lectures for free you could argue you dont need to spend any money outside of exam fees/membership. What these guys businesss model is I dont know but theres a few sites now offering huge resources to try and catch the growth in accountancy, so make use while theyre there.

Best of luck with them.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Chevy RV

Hello There,

As a mature student that has passed the finals , one thing i would recommend is the audio CD's as hearing the stuff over and over for say 2-3 weeks in the car ,say on the way to work ,tends to lodge it in your mind and also quickly builds an overall picture of the entire subject as opposed to reading it from the textbook.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jannise

I did home study for F1,F2,F3 - Dec'08. Passed. (Full time job)

Did home study for F4,F6,F7 - June'09. Passed. (Full time job)
    it is not easy, but if yuo work hard - you will manage.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

Thanks folks I checked out opentutition site found it very good. I also like the Cd Idea never even crossed my mind :D thanks folks

Advertisement