Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best and worst

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Will wrote: »
    If women only knew how hard we (sometimes) battle with ourselves. I say sometimes because on some occasions you just don't wanna fight it.

Yes. Good god. I really try very very very hard not to just gawk at breasts all the time. They're so delicious looking! Sometimes I just can't resist but then I feel bad afterwards, but then I feel like I shouldn't feel bad because it's natural to want to look at boobies. My god. They're so delicious looking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

another general observation, suppose it's not just for lads but still

feeling and looking handsome. For those of us who like me who rarely dress up for an occasion. I quite enjoy it though, throw on a nice lookin suit, and boom, complements all around about being handsome. It's not so much being pretty/attractive, it's something different cos the ugliest fecker in the world can look handsome in the right clothes.

Very true about the suit thing. *blam* Lookin' good there Khannie.

Remembered another crappy thing about being male:

You need to avoid kids you don't know lest people think you're a bloody paedo. I hate that because I love kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Khannie wrote: »

You need to avoid kids you don't know lest people think you're a bloody paedo. I hate that because I love kids.

man, that really pisses me off. I was going to the shops the other day, and a little kid fell off his bike along the way. He was on his own and bawling and I wanted to go over and pick him up, as I would with my nephews and nieces, but I just felt like I couldn't.

I suppose in one case, we're all responsible for that - I probably should have done it anyway. But tbh it's such a devastating thing to be accused of, it's just not worth the risk for something like a kid falling off his bike. It's a horrible situation.

Spurred by the ladies lounge thread, insurance. Man do we get screwed over for car insurance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Best

Watching an action movie and really thinking that if a bunch of Russian terrorists took over the shopping centre you'd be able to go all John McClane on them. Or that a standard 2L Toyota Avensis really could change into a 20ft tall robot if you press the DISP button seven times in the right sequence.

The joy of a nicely cooked steak or ribs with just the right amount of sauce

being able to completely zone out of life and spend a whole day watching crazy Discovery channel programs about Nazi killer penguins or ginormous cranes or icebergs

surprising people who think your a slathering manfool with your intelligence when you quote Sartre to them

Worst

hangover craps

never remembering everything that the missus sent you to the shop for

not being able to open the jar

not actually being a living GPS

i'd put visits to the thrown when hungover as one of the good things, quite satisfying i think.

another good thing, being able to eat all around you and get commended on your appetite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Not sure if it's been mentioned but

Con:
    You're wasted after.

Pro:

You get a nice, fitful sleep after. :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Pro: The extra average height and strength.

Con: Being asked to use the extra average height and strength by shorter, weaker females.

Pro: Feeling all useful and manly afterwards.

Con: Feeling used just for your body.

Pro: Haircut costs me $7, and is over in about ten minutes.

Pro: Substantially shorter lines at the public restroom.

Con: Being expected to know how to fix anything mechanical, or how to grill.

Add me in on the 'I'm glad I don't get pregnant' side, by the way.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Pro: Haircut costs me $7, and is over in about ten minutes.

Con: mens clothes are a lot more expensive then womens and there is less choice.

If its true that men own 90% of the property how come they only have 10% of the Shopping space.

• Advertisement

Pro (and I've literally just done this with the youngfella): You can select your new shoes in under a minute.

edit: Another pro: There is less choice in footwear. Some may see this as a con, but not me.

edit: Pro: No problem turning up at a party in the same top as someone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

edit: Another pro: There is less choice in footwear. Some may see this as a con, but not me.

edit: Pro: No problem turning up at a party in the same top as someone else.

A) I still have to decide between my black perri-w's or formal 'boots', formal shoes, or... *list goes on*

B) I think it's even more embarassing when I turn up to a party and someone is wearing the same shirt. Here's an experience for you, at one of my exhibition openings, I was talking away to my old man. Cute girl comes over and says "Oh, that's cute you're wearing the same make of shirt". I hadn't noticed. I wasn't impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

i'd put visits to the thrown when hungover as one of the good things, quite satisfying i think.

Is it just me, or is sitting on the toilet with your head in your hands the most satisfying state possible when your hungover?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

CDfm wrote: »
    Con: mens clothes are a lot more expensive then womens and there is less choice.

Where do you shop? My clothes are plenty affordable.

And I have plenty enough choice. "Collared shirt. T-Shirt. Polo-Shirt. Collared Short-sleeved shirt" And usually in a variety of colours. I've got more than enough to keep me going.

NTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I'm indifferent about this, I don't know whether it is good or bad. Sort of indifferent but leaning towards bad cos sometimes I hate it and myself for doing it, maybe it's a glimpse for some women into the male psyche and how hard we battle urges...

We have all been here, and more importantly have been caught. Boobs, looking at them.

Your chattin to a mate or whoever and they happen to have some boob on show. You notice them move out of the corner of your eye. You do your utmost to maintain eye contact, they move again.

Breaking into a sweat trying to keep your eyes up. It feels like an eternity. You can't keep up for long. You've seen them before, every woman has them, you try to think of other things and rationalise it.

Who ever you are talking to, now realises your not really paying attention as you debate with yourself in your head. Your conversational partner asks you "are you even listening to a word I'm saying?!" You grunt as you are deep in thought (we're not very good at multi tasking are we?)

You get back into the swing of things, now sweating like a gimp in a sauna trying to maintain eye contact. Your mate asks you if your ok, that you look a bit flushed. You shrug it off saying "probably swine flu or something ha".

You can't resist, you avert your gaze for a second. Instantly you feel good, then right after apathy, then shame. Then fear because you know you've been caught. You get the "you were lookin at my boobs" frown.

If women only knew how hard we (sometimes) battle with ourselves. I say sometimes because on some occasions you just don't wanna fight it.

If girls wear low cut tops then they should expect to have them looked at. Isn't that the whole point anyway? :pac:

It's like that bit in Role Models - you have to be aware of the boobs without looking at them.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but

Pro:
    You always get to orgasm.

Question for everyone - is this a general thing or just a Khannie thing because I certainly don't. :mad:

Teferi wrote: »
    Question for everyone - is this a general thing or just a Khannie thing because I certainly don't. :mad:

It would be premature to comment :D

bad thing - if you've got in any way broad shoulders most tops won't fit you or stock a size that will :(

It's certainly easier for males to achieve orgasm than females. Hell, my hand is capable of giving me an orgasm. :D

Possibly a thread worthy question though. I don't get there 100% of the time, but it's close.

It's certainly easier for males to achieve orgasm than females. Hell, my hand is capable of giving me an orgasm. :D

Possibly a thread worthy question though. I don't get there 100% of the time, but it's close.

I meant just when your with Mrs. Khannie, because I certainly don't when I'm with Mrs. Teferi. Damn it...

From TLL version of this
    sup_dude wrote: »

Similarly, able to have a broader range of interests.

Really? I would definitely say that guys have a far broader range of interests...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭maherro

Pros

- Bigger and stronger then the fairer sex

- Male Banter

- Being able to sit around and not talk with your mates. Ive done this with female friends and it usually ends withthem asking me am I upset!

- Suits\tuxes

- Able to get ready in a few minutes

- No periods\pregnancy

- A lot of the time looking better with age

Cons

- No multiple orgasms

-Annoying, random erections! Dublin bus just as Im about to get off. Everytime. grrrr arrrg

- ummmmmmm I actually cant really think of many. I just love being a lad!

Where do you shop? My clothes are plenty affordable.

And I have plenty enough choice. "Collared shirt. T-Shirt. Polo-Shirt. Collared Short-sleeved shirt" And usually in a variety of colours. I've got more than enough to keep me going.

NTM

Oh man - I have more clothes than my girlfriend and don't own a polo shirt unless you are referring to Polo by Ralph Lauren:P

I meant just when your with Mrs. Khannie, because I certainly don't when I'm with Mrs. Teferi. Damn it...

It'd be close to all the time alright. Partly because we're married and together a good while so she knows how to push all my buttons. :)

Shít thing, this is for the ladies too, affects us all growing up. Acne. Some still get it too. Here's a lil entertaining ditty about it.

I'm so glad shaving our faces is optional and other places aren't even thought about. Was shaving half my leg this morning and fook me, took aages and it's really hard to do. My leg is bare now and feels weird. Don't envy women having to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I'm so glad shaving our faces is optional and other places aren't even thought about. Was shaving half my leg this morning and fook me, took aages and it's really hard to do. My leg is bare now and feels weird. Don't envy women having to do it

Why where you shaving half your leg? :D
    tatt time ?

Bingo!!

I have a swollen leg and seriously out of pocket :( boo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Bingo!!

I have a swollen leg and seriously out of pocket :( boo

aha

I'm sure it'le look awesome tho :cool:

Will -very relieved at the tattoo thing.

Guys shavings legs -what next bra's and moobs.

• Advertisement

It's actually surprisingly hard, was only shaving half my leg and took the guts of half an hour. Don't envy women who do it, ankles are especially hard cos they're quite contoured.

Advertisement