Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant pay mortgage - what happens now ?

Options
  • 19-08-2009 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

I couldnt pay my mortgage this month, what happens now ?
    I dont know how ill catch up on the missed payment when I cant earn the money to pay in the first place.
    How many missed payments does it take for the bank to come after me ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ths sounds to me like something you need to contact your mortgage provider about sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Random wrote: »
    Ths sounds to me like something you need to contact your mortgage provider about sooner rather than later.

I did and they were no help, we have had the payment breaks and they said they cant do anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

2qk4u wrote: »
    I did and they were no help, we have had the payment breaks and they said they cant do anything else.

Have you tried mabs yet. Thats what they are their for. They are busy but you should get onto them.

http://mabs.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Ive been looking on their website, must give them a ring..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dilemma

Have you tired contacting the Social Welfare to see if you're eligible for mortgage interest relief? You might not have any luck but if you are eligible, they may pay a portion of the interest and you're payments would reduce. Might be worth contacting the bank with any proposals to pay that you may have to see if they can give you an option of temporary interest only or reduced payments?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

At the very minimum always pay something even if it is €50. At best pay what you can afford. ALWAYS pay something though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 fashionista911

When you wake up in the morning get on to the bank and tell them your predicament, they may suggest that you get onto your community welfsre officer to get assistance towards your mortgage interest, you are entitled to this if you are unemployed. I am sure at this stage that you are not the first and wont be the last just contact them asap so long as you make the effort they will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

2qk4u wrote: »
    I couldnt pay my mortgage this month, what happens now ?
    I dont know how ill catch up on the missed payment when I cant earn the money to pay in the first place.
    How many missed payments does it take for the bank to come after me ?

It's very hard to offer advice if you don't tell us your predicament. Have you been made unemployed? Pay cut? Are you married? ???

Advertisement