Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Luca Badoer tested the F60 today

• 19-08-2009 10:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

Did this not voilate the testing ban?

I know that they called it a video and photo shoot, but if they could have done that, why didn't they do that for Schumacher before he decided not to race?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

There were strict conditions and it was approved by FIA. Could only do a max 100km per day and had to use super hard tyres.

It's basically legalised cheating though IMO, Ferrari would have been the first to object if any other team tried it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Any team can do this its within the rules published by the Fia whats the problem?

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Any team can do this its within the rules published by the Fia whats the problem?

That it is being blatantly abused by Ferrari to get round the testing ban. Why didn't Kimi, as their star driver, do the press peice I wonder:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,592 ✭✭✭✭vectra

That it is being blatantly abused by Ferrari to get round the testing ban. Why didn't Kimi, as their star driver, do the press peice I wonder:rolleyes:

He is too good looking :D

vectra wrote: »
    He is too good looking :D

or this possibly

1_absolut-vodka-quelle-pr_0.jpg
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 lendrew1

Its allowed in the rules so they are not getting around the testing ban :confused:

And Kimi isn't doing it because, he is not a test driver and Ferrari have another driver that would benefit more from it than Kimi.

If Ferrari (or any team) didn't do everything within the rules to maximise there advantage then there is something wrong with the sport.

If there was any chance something illegal was done I'm sure we would here Williams and co complaining, like they did after the last test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

It was for an advert was it not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

He'd have to be allowed, on health and safety grounds at least.. Cant expect a guy to race against 19 other cars without having a recent test first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    +1 I dont get it either, whenever Ferrari do anything their is also a cue of people crying cheaters and out come the crazy conspiracy theories.

I'm not saying that Ferrari are cheating, I'm just wondering why they didn't 'make an advert' when Schumacher was going to race, or when Alguersuari was starting for Red Bull, and then there would have been no complaints.

• Advertisement

kierank01 wrote: »
    I'm not saying that Ferrari are cheating, I'm just wondering why they didn't 'make an advert' when Schumacher was going to race, or when Alguersuari was starting for Red Bull, and then there would have been no complaints.

I would imagine Schumacher would have done this test if he didn't pull out last week.

As for why Torro Rosso didn't do something similar who knows, maybe the cant afford to do it, didn't think of doing it, want to use their time for a Red Bull add, already used the time and we didn't here about it because their car is not red etc.

Red Storm wrote: »
    He'd have to be allowed, on health and safety grounds at least.. Cant expect a guy to race against 19 other cars without having a recent test first

Torro Rosso had to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

According to autosport.com, Badoer was fastest today... through the pitlane. Twice! Fined €2,200. Not a great start. He finished the second session 2.6 seconds off the pace (1.3s behind Raikkonen). It's hard to see him qualifying anywhere other than the back of the grid tomorrow.

On the timing screens, his name is abbreviated as "BAD". Quite appropriate. He'll be gone by Monza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,592 ✭✭✭✭vectra

RayM wrote: »
    According to autosport.com, Badoer was fastest today... through the pitlane. Twice! Fined €2,200.

3 times actuallly I think :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Its embarrassing to watch him on track,what were Ferrari thinking? They should have gone with a young driver from GP2 or something at least,if they keep him for the rest of the season then say goodbye to 3rd place.

vectra wrote: »
    3 times actuallly I think :D

Four now. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'll be unbelievably surprised if he's not within half a second of Kimi in qualifying.

Four now. :eek:

He was called into the stewards to explain himself. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

Maybe the testcar he was driving for the last 10 years had no speed limiter ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

It appears that all his normal test driving is done with a 100KPH pit lane limit not 60KPH. He's been getting his braking point wrong because of it.

• Advertisement

Gene, Piquet, Ralf Schumacher, Bourdais, Liuzzi, Coulthard and Wurz. All are available right now, and could not possibly be worse than Badoer. He was an average driver ten years ago - Ferrari's loyalty to him is admirable, but did they honestly think that he'd somehow miraculously have become competitive during a decade of inactivity?

The Ferrari is reliable and (if nothing else) he seems to be good at keeping it out of the wall, so I would imagine that (if his qualifying performance is anything to go by), he'll finish last, having been lapped by everybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Piquet would have been perfect for this race. At least he's driven the circuit before. Major cock-up by Ferrari there.

He was an average driver ten years ago - Ferrari's loyalty to him is admirable, but did they honestly think that he'd somehow miraculously have become competitive during a decade of inactivity?

They didn't even use him in '99 when Schumacher broke his leg

I think they just announced him quickly after Schumacher pulled out to end any Alonso speculation(or to guilt Schumacher into coming back later :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

kierank01 wrote: »
    They didn't even use him in '99 when Schumacher broke his leg

Wasn't he racing for Minardi that year?

f1dan wrote: »

He was, but he was also the offical test driver for Ferrari.

f1dan wrote: »

He was, but only 'on loan' from Ferrari, for whom he was test driver. If I remember correctly, Jean Alesi was pretty pissed off when Ferrari chose Mika Salo, rather than Badoer, to replace Schumacher. Although, as Alesi was driving for Sauber (who were using Ferrari engines) at the time, I think he was actually pissed off that Ferrari didn't choose him, as had been rumoured at the time.

It appears that all his normal test driving is done with a 100KPH pit lane limit not 60KPH. He's been getting his braking point wrong because of it.

Pit lane limit is 100kph, not 60.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Pit lane limit is 100kph, not 60.
    F1 uses a lower 60km/h pit lane limit during practice.

• Advertisement

Today, Luca Badoer didn't have his pass when he turned up at the circuit, and had to argue his way through the gates. Oh, and he nearly dropped his microphone in the press briefing. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Fabio

He's nervous I'd say...I would be too if I were him

Advertisement