Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it possible to recover...

• 19-08-2009 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Right, I have a small question (tried to search but no luck and not sure this would be the right place for this either)

Anyways, currently running Vista and using Firefox 3.0.13
    Now, my problem is this, I keep the history of usernames active when I login into any site, I think it helps me due to the fact that I have so many from when I was younger and so I'm not trying different ones to try to login.
    So I used to keep the username and password in one of them as one word so that I could immediately identify how to login into a game site.
    (ex: sa1nt76889503 - where sa1nt would be the user name and 76889503 be the password)

So my problem: I think I accidently deleted this from the login box, and I've been trying everything to try and login again and no luck. So I am wondering if this sort of information gets stored away somewhere that I can access and claim back...?

(Not entirely sure if this makes sense but I hope it does) Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,502 ✭✭✭✭guil

just use the lost password request, ya can usually get an email sent with the username and pass to the registered email address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 TemTemz

well their whole support thing isn't exactly award winning.
    Contacted them via email and still no reply after a good long while.. and without remembering the secret question/answer it won't exactly do me much good.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

on firefox Tools-options-security-saved passwords-show passwords might be something in there
    http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=348 for ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

i don't quite understand... Where did you save them? Did you somehow save the user+pass as the username so you just cut and pasted the pass from the end of the username into the password box and pressed login? so how did the site remember the username and password all in one go if you logged in with the right credentials... or did you save all your username + pass in a word doc.

In that case you'd just use a file recovery program. What site is it you're trying to get into? Usually emailing them personally isn't a great way to go about it as people emailing are often not who they say they are.

Do they not have a recovery password feature?

Advertisement