Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adding another subject to my HDip

• 19-08-2009 10:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi

I have recently done a HDip in Art & Design. I really love my subject, but also find it restrictive in terms of gaining employment (demand for art teachers not as high as others). I was wondering how you can go about gaining annother subject. I have excellent ICT skills having worked in Graphic/Web Design industry for 5 years so ICT could be an option aswell as Tech Graphics

I am unsure how/what I need to do to have another subject under my belt. I suppose what I mean is how I can get another subject recognised....

Cheers Guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

dave_brent wrote: »
    Hi

I have recently done a HDip in Art & Design. I really love my subject, but also find it restrictive in terms of gaining employment (demand for art teachers not as high as others). I was wondering how you can go about gaining annother subject. I have excellent ICT skills having worked in Graphic/Web Design industry for 5 years so ICT could be an option aswell as Tech Graphics

I am unsure how/what I need to do to have another subject under my belt. I suppose what I mean is how I can get another subject recognised....

Cheers Guys

To be qualified to teach in another subject you must have a degree in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭dave_brent

yea, I have a degree in Graphic, Product & Interactive Design... My question really is how would I go about getting another subject registered as a subject I can teach. I thought from my Degree I may qualify for Tech. Graphics and/or ICT..

Would I have to go through the Teaching Council? I dunno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,387 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

dave_brent wrote: »
    yea, I have a degree in Graphic, Product & Interactive Design... My question really is how would I go about getting another subject registered as a subject I can teach. I thought from my Degree I may qualify for Tech. Graphics and/or ICT..

Would I have to go through the Teaching Council? I dunno

Yep, the teaching council would have to assess your degree if it's not already on their list for eligibility to teach a subject.

Advertisement