Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow magnet speed?

Options
  • 19-08-2009 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Anyone else getting slow magnet speed tonight?

I'm on the force 10. Usually get the 10MB on any speed test sites but getting 2.5ish tonight. Upload is normal.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭gerryR

Up to 8.5 now, hopefully was just a temp problem

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

gerryR wrote: »
    Up to 8.5 now, hopefully was just a temp problem

Do you need anymore help on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭gerryR

Seems fine again now Rory, getting 10MB now.

Bit supprised that it varies so much, thought with contention free it would be consistant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Rather_b_diving

Smart, BT and Magnet don't have contention?
    I suppose it could have been an issue with the line due to the torrential rain yesterday evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 moggles

Hi Guys,

I have just moved to Donnybrook but UPC don't have broadband to the house so we have to change to someone else, which is a pain because UPC was cheap and reliable in our old place in Harolds Cross. Does anyone have any recommendations? I heard about Magnet, does anyone have anything negative/positive to say about them.

Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭celebroom

Heh Im in Dublin city centre and just got my modem today, and i have to say Im a bit disappointed. Im on the Force10 and things were looking good, I was getting about 800KB/s, which isnt UPC 10mbit, but better than what Im getting now. Now Im only averaging 500KB/s, I even tried boosting the speed from the website and things got worse!?! :confused:

Judging by this thread though they may be having issues. I did some speed tests below from speedtest.net and as you can see the upload is better than expected, the download is just wrong though! I doubt its exchange related because the last test as you can see is quite speedy - compared to the others. Hopefully these problems are intermittent, I chose magnet over smart because of the good reviews :(

545411593.png

Digiweb
    545413101.png
    Same ISP as above
    545414807.png

Random ISP in the UK
    545418039.png

To some ISP in Cork called Strencomm?
    545429216.png

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭celebroom

Holding thumbs that it lasts, but where I was getting as low as 200KB/s earlier this evening, I have now transferred an entire Jaunty ISO at a consistent 1.1MB/s! \o/

Maybe the techies stopped downloading their pr0n :D

Advertisement