Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bluetooth Handsfree

• 19-08-2009 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi, I've just bought a 1999 BMW 318i (e46) and I'm looking for options for handsfree. There is a Nokia cradle already in the car and I'm assuming that it is connected to the controls in the multifunction wheel. Can anyone recommend a bluetooth kit that can replace the Nokia cradle please? I know f-all about handsfree kits so all help is appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Hi, I've just bought a 1999 BMW 318i (e46) and I'm looking for options for handsfree. There is a Nokia cradle already in the car and I'm assuming that it is connected to the controls in the multifunction wheel. Can anyone recommend a bluetooth kit that can replace the Nokia cradle please? I know f-all about handsfree kits so all help is appreciated! Thanks!

What model nokia kit is in your car? it might already be blue tooth (even though it has a cradle) and you just need to pair your phone with it.

Does it have the round nokia button with the white LED on it for answering the phone / volume? if it does, then its probably blue tooth enabled already.

Do a search for blue tooth devices with the phone and pair it up with the car kit, it should come up as "cark" or something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭andrew_ireland

Thanks for that, there's no buttons or LEDs on the cradle only a connection at the bottom that looks like it plugs into the phone. The lead that comes out from the console looks like it can unplu from the bottom of the cradle. I'll have a look in the morning and do a scan with the phone for any bluetooth IDs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

if it's a 99 car, it won't have bluetooth, you''ll need a new kit. If you're after a basic kit something like a Nokia CK7W or CK100 would do.

AFAIK for the warranty a fitter has to use a new loom and can't use the one from the old kit. you might find that a newer kit like a CK7W will have all the same plugs as your old carkit, thus simplifying installation. check beforehand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭andrew_ireland

Thanks Colm, I use Samsung phones so would there be any compatibility problems with a new Nokia kit? I'd heard people talk about Parrot kits, any opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Got a Parrot MKi9200 a while back. Good kit, and you can hook your ipod or mp3 player up to it too. It cost €300 installed but you can get cheaper ones from about €150 upwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Thanks Colm, I use Samsung phones so would there be any compatibility problems with a new Nokia kit? I'd heard people talk about Parrot kits, any opinions?

I've had reports from driver's who had Nokia kits in their cars then changed from a Nokia phone to something else. Usually they are dropping calls half way through or people on the other end of the line can't hear them.

I'd be going for a Parrott kit as we get very few complaints about them and they are compatible with all Bluetooth phones.

I'd be surprised if it's connected to the steering wheel controls - they generally only work with the manufacturer phone system.

Advertisement