Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo parlour apprenticeship

Options
  • 19-08-2009 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Hi all, just wondering as i cannot seem to locate any information on this topic, i've heard that you can get an apprenticeship with a parlour but it is unpaid (which i dont mind) i was just wondering if theres any qualifications one must acquire first or is it more of a 'show up and ask' sort of thing?
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

a degree in art is always a plus
    it's a type of show up, and ask and keep showing up until they either tell you to fúck off or you get tired of it.

generally unpaid, its not regulated so it varies from studio to studio

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭ak51535

ha ok thanks very much will

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭blacon9

Do tattoo artists take on apprentices? I always wondered how one would start on the road to being an artist, but i know for sure that if i was getting a tattoo, i wouldn't want an apprentice doing it, no matter how basic it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

blacon9 wrote: »
    Do tattoo artists take on apprentices? I always wondered how one would start on the road to being an artist, but i know for sure that if i was getting a tattoo, i wouldn't want an apprentice doing it, no matter how basic it was.
    Apprentices start off on fake skin, then usually themselves, one the artists in the shop, then a friend who knows they are an apprentice. I've let an apprentice ink me and so has Jesus.

Advertisement