Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

terry being unfair... dr. bollocko and admin here please.

Options
  • 19-08-2009 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

hi lads,

i cant give the link for the thread cos im banned and cant do anything to help dr. bollocko delete posts.. INCLUDING MY OWN POSTS

""YOUR CRAZY LUAS EXPERIANCES"" is the thread.

the thread did get off to a very bad start and dereailed very quickly.

i have sent 2 private messages to dr. bollocko explaining what has being happining and going on in the thread etc.

i have spoken to both mods who have banned me explaining the situation to them. Terry has being quite rude in his reply and does not seem to care. i explained the situation to him also but replied that i am a troll, ban will not be lifted. which is un-true. i have never trolled before, never warned, infraction, nothing ever about trolling EVER.

Terry has just sent me a private message stating that this is my so called Troll http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61697173. this is untrue as this is the whole point of the thread. i fail to see how this is trolling as the thread revolves around stories as such.

this is completely unfair and is being sorted with dr bollocko as im just waiting for a reply.

i would really appreciate help here with the ban lift please.

sorry to be disturbing admins but this is completely unfair.

thank you,

rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

nobody has looked at this yet...

is there a problem with it ? am i right ?

can i please be un-banned now ?

thank you,

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

nobody has looked at this yet...

Pardon us for nothing being here at all hours of the day for you. You gave it, what, all of 20 minutes?

You got a 2 day ban for insulting other users. Hardly the end of the world. Now, it's probably a little much, in my opinion, but then again I don't have to police After Hours and all that brings on a day to day basis.

If you badgered the moderators in the same way as you posted above, I can kind of empathise with them if their responses were a little on the short side.

Sometimes it's better to just run with a simple "sorry, I messed up.."

i have no problem if i get banned for a proper reason.

i didnt know that i would get banned for calling people ""muppets"" as i've seen admins use it a few times before.

terrys ban for 7 days for trolling is completely unfair.

all i did there was change my post to a simpler one for users to understand and it did actually happen to me halloween time last year...

i dont see trolling there.

and sorry for being a bit inpatient there. I didnt think anybody was taking notice is all. sorry.

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Pardon us for nothing being here at all hours of the day for you. You gave it, what, all of 20 minutes?

You got a 2 day ban for insulting other users. Hardly the end of the world. Now, it's probably a little much, in my opinion, but then again I don't have to police After Hours and all that brings on a day to day basis.

If you badgered the moderators in the same way as you posted above, I can kind of empathise with them if their responses were a little on the short side.

Sometimes it's better to just run with a simple "sorry, I messed up.."

Sorry, but that should be Seven days and not Two days.
    Both Sharpshooter and I banned this user at the same time.
    Mine went through first.
    We have an understanding that the first ban is the one that stands.
    I will be increasing this ban.

Robbie, you were trolling and abusing others. That is not allowed in AH or anywhere on this site.
    I suggest you brush up on the rules.
    The following is going in my sig:

Terry wrote: »
    Sorry, but that should be Seven days and not Two days.
    Both Sharpshooter and I banned this user at the same time.
    Mine went through first.
    We have an understanding that the first ban is the one that stands.
    I will be increasing this ban.

Robbie, you were trolling and abusing others. That is not allowed in AH or anywhere on this site.
    I suggest you brush up on the rules.
    The following is going in my sig:

i was not trolling and i am not a troller

i simply changed my original post because other users didnt seem to understand it and/or didnt take it seriously ! that is no trolling !!!

as for **muppets** , i dont see how that is bad, mods and admins use it all the time and there was even an award for muppet of the year
    Kharn wrote: »
    Well folks, I just want to thank you all for voting and making this into a very fun and interesting Awards this year. I had fun watching the polls move this way and that as the days passed by :) So without further ado (and I know some of these have been announced already), here are the results!

Bestest Board : The Poker Forum

Biggest Muppet : Climate Expert

Funniest Moment : Vegas Stripper Robbed Me

n00b of the Year : delija_sever029

Most Lickable : g'em

Poster of the Year : Pighead

I also created a special award tonight - The boards.ie Lifetime Achievement Award which goes to a man (bot?) who has worked tirelessly as an SMod and who has taken a step back due to real world needs. The winner of this award is:

RUU!!!

This award shall be known from now on as the Ruu Award and may or may not become an annual thing - we shall see how that one pans out :)

So thanks again for all your participation, I have 2 people in particular that I owe a debt to: 6th/Sabotage for getting the ball rolling whilst I was away on holidays and creating the awesome certs (winners, please PM me your postal address and I'll send them to you - I have one for everyone except the funniest moment) and CuLT for making sure the polls were private which I think has added a lot more spice to things :) Also, thank you to my fellow moderators for taking the time to make the nominations, it's not the sort of thing I could even begin to do by myself :)

So there it is folks, a fine end to 2008, here's to 2009!

this is ridicules as these posts are in the process of being deleted by my request to give the thread a fresh start ! but now since im unfairly banned from AH i cannot do anything and the thread remains "a mess"

these bans are unfair !

• Advertisement

You seem to be missing the fact that context is king: using a word in one circumstance does not automatically mean it has the same weight or meaning elsewhere, or when used in a different way.

Anyway, having consulted with the AH mods, the 2 day ban remains. You'll be back posting there in no time, it would seem.

i would like to thank you very much for all your time but if i may just clarify which bans do remain against me.

sharpshooter - 2 day ban as of last night

Terry - 7 day ban for trolling.

would i be right in saying that terry is in the wrong and the i only have 1 day of ban remaining ???

again thank you very much for your time

The 7 day ban is no longer in effect

thats brilliant,

Thank you very much and to any mods that were involved in the decision.

Thank you very much for your time and i do apologize for any inconvenience that i may have caused.

Thank you,

Rob.

Advertisement