Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl to replace Tesco in Dundrum Shopping Centre

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

garbanzo wrote: »
    Is "The Fruit Place" gone? I was up in Dundrum recently and it appeared to be closed. Hope not, though I always thought it was a bad move from their old spot in Churchtown. Anyone know the score??

Yup, gone i'm afraid, just didn't work out and couldn't afford to keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Real sorry to hear S.R.F.C. Shopped there plenty 'o times over the years when the shop was in Churchtown but never managed to follow up to Dundrum. Sorry to hear and if you are connected with the operation hope things are going ok.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

It's a shame that the Dundrum Town Centre / Joe O'Reilly essentially bought up so much of the town. It was, and still is, in dire need of modernisation, but homogenising it is going to do no good at all. Thankfully Campbell's and the Church were in his way, even before NAMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I think its size is alright; the bigger problem would be that there is no counter-weight. Nobody shops on the Main St because it's no longer a thorough-fare. The only interesting thing the other end of the street is the Luas station. If there were some pull near Taney Cross, then there would be more activity. Perhaps it's all the residential that sprung up around Balally station. If it were down the other end, then at least some people would have to walk down the street to get to Tesco every day, which would add some footfall. Or, they could have split the centre in two: one part in the current location, and the other part as a revamp of the old Dundrum SC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

With the lease due up for Tesco at Dunlaoghaire Shopping Ctr, I hope they decide to pull out and let Lidl or Aldi take over. We could do with some variety down this end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Why Dun Laoghaire? Do you mean that Dundrum has taken over?

Advertisement