Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL/UPC Sky Sports gone?

• 19-08-2009 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else's Sky Sports channels on UPC disappeared? I've just got black screens where up to yesterday I had the channels working fine. All other channels are grand.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

My sports and my movies have all gone. It's getting ridiculous really, UPC need to sort themselves out asap. Between TV and the internet it's gone beyond a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,635 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Lads, did ye get yer new viewing cards from NTL over the summer?

Theres a strong chance UPC are changing either encryption types or messing round with the existing one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I didnt get the new card.. They're getting on my nerves now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,635 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Trotter wrote: »
    I didnt get the new card.. They're getting on my nerves now!
    That could be the reason you are having issues. Id give them a call tomorrow and let them know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

If it makes you feel any better, my Sky has been acting up the last few hours too. Must be the doomsday weather we're getting at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

There's reports of this happening from all over the country. UPC rushed through implementing the new Nagra 3 encryption to stop the "dodgy boxes" working. They did it before all paying customers got their new cards. What a company!

My advice is to get on to them and get them to send the card to you via courier. Should have it in a day or two. Get them to knock something of your next bill also for the inconvenience.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

More details here, And as trotter has been advised to contact UPC in realation to getting his new card, I am closing this thread now as we dont want it heading off in the wrong direction now and breaking any rules.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement