Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German elective

Options
  • 20-08-2009 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hello everyone :pac:
    I am going into first year and all this modules and electives stuff is so confusing...
    Anyway I have a question: can I take German as an elective if I never studied German before? Not proper studies anyway I learned myself a little but I don't know if that's enough...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

The ALC, (Applied Lanuage Centre) offers a number of courses for people such as yourself. You can find them at www.ucd.ie/alc

Also, if you have any questions about reg, feel free to ask here or PM me if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

Koala09 wrote: »
    Hello everyone :pac:
    I am going into first year and all this modules and electives stuff is so confusing...
    Anyway I have a question: can I take German as an elective if I never studied German before? Not proper studies anyway I learned myself a little but I don't know if that's enough...

We're in the same boat :pac: German General Purposes 1 (LANG10100) it's in Applied Language Centre :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Koala09

Thanks!! that helped me a lot :)

But still, what about the normal german module, not from applied, it says it's for students who did german for leaving cert... Now... Is it really like that??? And there's no chance I can figure it out along the way??

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

The ALC, offers courses for every level, from never done it to HA1 in the LC. From my understanding, non ALC lanuage courses, tend to be about the writen rather than the spoken word...

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

Koala09 wrote: »
    Thanks!! that helped me a lot :)

But still, what about the normal german module, not from applied, it says it's for students who did german for leaving cert... Now... Is it really like that??? And there's no chance I can figure it out along the way??

German Gen Purp 1 is for those who have never learned German. I'm doing it, I did French in school, never done German :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

If you like history,might I recommend German Political Culture (GER10050).It's easy,informative and features the pure ledge that is Dr.Simone Schroth.I was happy with the A- I got and honestly you'd feel that the two hour seminar fly by most days.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Koala09

Has anybody done GER10010 - German Language I here??

What level of German do they start off at???

Advertisement