Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland v South Africa ticket prices not as bad

Options
  • 20-08-2009 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

The Football Association of Ireland today (August 17) announced that it will release tickets, including a family friendly children's ticket, next Monday, for the September 8 friendly against South Africa in Thomond Park. South Africa have qualified automatically for the World Cup as host nation and are likely to include a number of well known players in their squad, such as Benni McCarthy of Blackburn, Steven Pienaar of Everton and Aaron Mokoena of Portsmouth.
    The Bafana Bafana will play Ireland three days after taking on Germany in Munich on September 5, the same day as Ireland's World Cup qualifier in Cyprus. The friendly against South Africa will provide a good opportunity for Giovanni Trapattoni's players to get another game under their belts in preparation for the decisive Group 8 clash with current world champions Italy, in Croke Park.
    Giovanni Trapattoni will name his squad to play Cyprus and South Africa this Friday, August 21.
    Tickets for the Thomond Park game will be available from Monday, August 24 through the following outlets:
    1. www.fai.ie
    2. Gleeson Sports Scene, Mahon House, 25 Upper William Street, Limerick.
    3. Thomond Park ticket office.
    Schoolboy / girl € 7 (through schoolboy/girl clubs only)
    North and South Terrace €20
    East and West Terrace €30
    East and West Stand €40
    Child Stand ticket (under 16) €20
    Existing block booker ticket commitments for the South Africa friendly in Limerick will be adjusted accordingly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

time to dig out my SA soccer jersey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I was at the Australia match in Thomond Park and to be honest I wouldn't accept a present of tickets to see these disinterested, whiney little Bitches play soccer fap around ever again. It was a let down in every respect, because the Irish Team didn't actually bother to play there was no atmosphere, people just watched in disgust as they passed and back passed to each other aimlessly and then left after 90 minutes to fix their hair - Fcuking Princesses

FFS :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

still fairly high i think, terrace should be 15 and stand should be 25, thats the price they should have to bring the crowd in

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

I got a west terrace ticket for the oz game for 35 bones. 5 euro decrease is not that good! I only went because it was in thomand park because I generally do not like the football we play. It was constant passing around the back 4 and to shay. Or haphazard lobs up the field. Very disappointing game to be honest. Was expecting the atmosphere to be a lot better but it was actually quite poor. Will have second thoughts about going to the south africa match

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Considering i will have nothing else to do ill still probably go to this. West or East terrace ftw, get right down by the wall and your really close to pitch, great view. Definetly going to get a bit drunk before i go in considering the football will probably be ****e, so i might aswel start the "Come on you boys in green" or "Ole Ole Ole" chants :D

Also, with Lansdowne opening next year, i doubt there will be many more soccer matches in thomond so i might aswel make the most of it while i can!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

So am i right in saying its €80 for me and my 2yr old son to get a seated ticket in one of the new stands?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Stab*City wrote: »
    So am i right in saying its €80 for me and my 2yr old son to get a seated ticket in one of the new stands?

€60

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jocksandsocks

€40 to sit down and watch 90 mins of live football......im there!

are Hassetts dropping their prices aswell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Raiser wrote: »
    I was at the Australia match in Thomond Park and to be honest I wouldn't accept a present of tickets to see these disinterested, whiney little Bitches play soccer fap around ever again. It was a let down in every respect, because the Irish Team didn't actually bother to play there was no atmosphere, people just watched in disgust as they passed and back passed to each other aimlessly and then left after 90 minutes to fix their hair - Fcuking Princesses

FFS :mad:

QFT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭seany2929

Was at the last match,i was so disgusted that i don't even think i'd watch this 1 on tv even :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement