Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New website for tinnitus treatment?

Options
  • 20-08-2009 1:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

There was a feature in the news about a month ago about a tinnitus website created by some Irish students (I think). The website was offering a treatment for tinnitus which involved logging into the site and listening to some musical sounds which cause the hairs in the ear drum that were flattened, to stand up again. (Apologies for lack of medical terminology).
    Does anyone remember what the name of the website is? I've had no luck scouring the net for it.

Thanks in advance, it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

Hi,

There was a feature in the news about a month ago about a tinnitus website created by some Irish students (I think). The website was offering a treatment for tinnitus which involved logging into the site and listening to some musical sounds which cause the hairs in the ear drum that were flattened, to stand up again. (Apologies for lack of medical terminology).
    Does anyone remember what the name of the website is? I've had no luck scouring the net for it.

The website is called www.mysoundofsilence.com..but at the minute it seems to be down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Jemima Fairchap

Thanks so much, it re-directed me to restoredhearing.ie. Looks like the one that was on the news alright. Thank you so much again.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stesh

Hi,

This smacks of unsubstantiated homeopathy. I've been told many times by consultants that when a hair cell is damaged, it is indeed gone forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Quote from the site....."The primary purpose of this therapy is to alleviate temporary tinnitus"

I think it's just for the moshers wishing to listen to their toast pop up the morning after a concert..

It seems the guys who designed it have a 'background in physics' (what does that mean?) so maybe there is some science to it. ..I wonder what the properties of the sounds are..not gonna pay to find out though..

Advertisement