Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought 5800 Xpress online..

• 20-08-2009 1:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

Got a Nokia 5800 Xpress online at Vodafone yesterday and I switched from Metor, kept my number. It was supposed to be ready for use around 10-12am this morning and its 120am and it still says sim car registration failed. How long does it usually take for them to switch or what ever they have to do?
    I was in a Vodafone shop today and they could`nt do anything cause I had got in online. I cant seem to register on the Vodafone site or OVI Nokia site.
    Ive tried my new sim card in other phones and its either no signal or asking for restriction codes and etc, how long should I wait?
    I want to use my phone and get my free call credit NOW!! :mad:
    Do I need to do anything with Meteor in order to switch or what?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

I ordered it on Saturday. I mailed my previous phone company and asked for my PAC code, I read it on a forum that I needed to get it and give it to Vodafone, so....
    Maybe they will have it sorted out tomorrow, I`ll let you know.
    Thanks for you advice.

Did`nt know I had to apply for a port, in Vodafone`s e-mail I had the option of picking a time to where they would switch me over within a certain time frame and since that did`nt happen I e-mailed them asking when it will be done. I`ll give them til about 1pm and see what happens. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

lewis wrote: »
    Did`nt know I had to apply for a port, in Vodafone`s e-mail I had the option of picking a time to where they would switch me over within a certain time frame and since that did`nt happen I e-mailed them asking when it will be done. I`ll give them til about 1pm and see what happens. :confused:

Vodafone reply to an email .... i don't think so or may be by next Christmas

• Advertisement

Its looking that way, I was looking on there forum and there`s more negative comments than anything...

Finally got through to Vodafone and they said I need to go into the shop, I said I was already in there and they could`nt do anything cause I got in online. Then she said I had 2 requests or something that had`nt been processed, so she put me on hold for ages, I did`nt think she would come back but she did and that she will try to sort it and give me a ring back around2 or so...Hope its sorted by then.

Well they rang back and said it would be sorted out in the next 2 hours, once I start losing my Meteor signal then I slap in the Vodafone and either on sat or mon I will be able to get my credit. I`ve read on there forum about similiar stories like this and it ended up going into days sometime weeks before it was sorted, I guess I`ll just have to wait, I`ll let you know.

Its all sorted, I`m set up on Vodafone. They said it should be about 2 hours then you should be on Vodafone, turned out to be about 4 hours or so but I`m on. I guess I was one of the lucky ones. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement