Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Camera?

Options
  • 20-08-2009 1:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

This is my last ditch attempt to locate my 10MP red kodak digital camera that i stupidly lost on the night of August 8th in Cork city, probably in Cubins nightclub, or in the back of a taxi. I wud be willing to give a handsome reward for its return, or even the return of the memory card as I had just come back from holidays and lost too many precious memories... thank u:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Wow you lost it almost two weeks ago so I'm not sure what your chances of finding it are at this stage sorry.....

Nevertheless did you do the usual at the time?
    Ring the taxi company, go back to the club? Look inside the club, look on ground outside the club? Maybe ask in the local bars if a camera was handed in? I know if I found a camera on the ground outside a bar I would assume it was dropped there by someone drinking in the bar and not someone walking past....

Unfortunately seeing as it is a camera I'd imagine it is an item that someone would keep unlike a wallet / purse which would probably be thrown into a bin.

Fingers crossed you get it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Try phoning Cubins and asking if they have it: http://www.cubins.ie/contact.html

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Really sorry to hear about your loss. Realise its a long shot, however, on the off-chance its been handed in, it might be worth registering the loss with the Garda. If you go into whichever station(s) are closest to where you may have left it, the duty officer'll take a report as well as check lost property and it'll only take 10 mins. You never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

Try www.lost.ie Hope you find it soon. I lost my camera with every photo of my son from birth to 3 months on it so I feel your pain.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 cathysweet

thank u for all the suggestions:) have bombarded both the club and the police with phonecalls and no luck! just wanted to make sure I can feel like I did all i could to locate the old one so I can justify forking out for a new one.... next time every photo i take is going straight on the laptop that evening:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

My advice to you for your next camera would be to put a text file on the memory card with your name and address suggesting that the person please return it for an award, or at least send on the card...
    You then write protect it to stop it from being deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 cathysweet

I had the camera in a case with my name address and telephone numbers written on it, but somehow managed to come home with the case without the camera inside it. Infuriating:( will def put a text file on the next one, or maybe even try to get my number ingraved on it or something!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/digitalcameras/0,39029429,49303432,00.htm
    maybe if you have the bucks
    at least the pics would be safe
    pity people cant return stuff like this:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭104494431

Try www.lost.ie Hope you find it soon. I lost my camera with every photo of my son from birth to 3 months on it so I feel your pain.:(

What the fruit were all the photos doing on one memory card?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

104494431 wrote: »
    What the fruit were all the photos doing on one memory card?!

Are you for real? What do you think? I hadn't uploaded them to the PC yet. If you want to call me stupid and irresponsible then come out and do so -it would be better than asking that ridiculous question and couldn't make me feel any worse than I already do for losing those precious photos.

I doubt I'm the only person in the world who hasn't backed up data and then lost it. Lesson learned the hard way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Have you tried calling different taxi firms in Cork. If you picked up your taxi on Wshington street it is quite likely that you picked up a taxi from the Cork Taxi Co-op.

There are also abc taxis, Douglas Cabs, and Yellow Cabs. Try the phone book for the names of others.

Hope you get it back.

Advertisement