Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iol email won't send with upc

Options
  • 20-08-2009 7:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hey all,

I don't really know if it is to do with upc but since i got the 10mb package from them yesterday i have been unable to send emails through outlook express. I can receive fine but whenever i try to send one i get this error:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.iol.ie', Server: 'mail.iol.ie', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Anyone know whats wrong and how i can fix it???

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You can't use IOL's outgoing mail server on a non IOl connection, its been this way for years generally to stop abuse of its mail servers for things like spamming.

You can collect your mail alright but you'll need a different mail server for sending the mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Use UPC's outgoing server, smtp.upcmail.ie, and not IOL's.

Advertisement