Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BN013

• 20-08-2009 8:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

Anyone doing the course?
    How is it?
    Is a laptop needed?

I applied for a vacant place and was just wondering if anyone here is doing it?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 paulsc

ye im doing it, im not sure if a laptop is required but id say it is better of to have one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

paulsc wrote: »
    ye im doing it, im not sure if a laptop is required but id say it is better of to have one

How are you finding the course?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

What is the course?

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    What is the course?

Bachelor of Science in Computing in Information Technology

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ah, I thought it sounded familiar. :)

I think with any course, a laptop would be beneficial, but not an absolute requirement.

• Advertisement

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Ah, I thought it sounded familiar. :)

I think with any course, a laptop would be beneficial, but not an absolute requirement.

ok cool, i wouldnt be able to get a laptop straight away anyway, maybe a few months in :)

Do you know much about the course like is it good/bad/etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 XRustyAssassinX

HEY IM starten on the 14thdoin the bn104 course shud be great i hope der is not too much maths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Thats a slight variation on the course i did, which also led to bn402, yes there is maths, but its quite easy stuff, (make sure you master it trust me it will help later on, knowing your logs and 3d co-ordinate geometry etc very well).

I went throught the 4 years without a laptop and tbh i never felt i had a need for one, once you have a pen drive you'll be fine.

Its a really good course, some of those subjects have changed around a bit but they should be the same for the most part, i assume you will be stuck doing Java :(

I'll warn you now its hard and not used anywhere in the real world, its good for learning all of the fundimental principals of programming but your never going to make anything useful in java. No matter what they tell you about java being this great thing, don't listen they told me the same thing and its all lies, nowhere uses it except for mobile development and by the time you get to that module in BN402 java will not be used there anymore either.

I recommend learning php, phyton, c or c++ outside of your course if your interested in programming you will find them far more useful and much more straight forward.

If someone had made this clear at the start for me i wouldn't have wasted so much time, thats why i'm really ramming this point home.

Java really is the only problem with the course, everything else is great, the facilities, lecturers and course content is all top notch. You will learn a crap load in this course about a wide array of computing areas.

thanks man im starting bn104 course tomorrow first year ell its registration i live in dunshaughlin i get the bus from der to the slip road but hav to walk like a mile to get to itb then a mile back into blanch center to get a bus dat brings me to blanch village which finally gets me a bus back to dunshaughlin i was wondering is der any better way or wat!!!!!!! can i get a bus from itb to blanch village please reply

hey im starting bn104 course tomorrow first year ell its registration i live in dunshaughlin i get the bus from der to the slip road but hav to walk like a mile to get to itb then a mile back into blanch center to get a bus dat brings me to blanch village which finally gets me a bus back to dunshaughlin i was wondering is der any better way or wat!!!!!!! can i get a bus from itb to blanch village please reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

The 38 and 38c run through the village, it's not that long a walk like 20minutes I think (not that I've done it now so don't take this as a certainty).

the only one at blanch dat i know of dat goes through blanch is the 39 haukins street can i get the ones u said at a bus stop near itb campus so i dont hav to walk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

The 38's go through Blanch village. Apart from the 38a which goes on the motorway. Some of the morning 38's go straight into itb.

The urbus service run up to itb on the hour I think.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

so i can get a urbus from blanch center to itb? or from slip road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Urbus wrote:
    Castleknock Road – Chesterfield
    ↓4 min
    Castleknock Village
    ↓4 min
    Castleknock Road – Laurels
    ↓3 min
    Blanchardstown Village
    ↓6 min
    Blanchardstown SC
    ↓7 min
    Castlecurragh RD
    ↓4 min
    Blanchardstown IT
    ↓4 min
    Tyrrelstown / Corduff Road
    ↓5 min
    Kilshane Way
    ↓10 min
    DAP Logistic Park
    ↓10 min
    DAP Bus Stop - Car Park
    ↓15 min
    Swords Village
    ↓5 min
    Rathbeale RD
    ↓5 min
    Balheary Road

You can get it from the centre or Blanch village.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

thank so much i figured al out how to get there and back with urbus thanks so much

Advertisement