Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[PR] Airlink Express day return only €6. prepaid only

• 20-08-2009 8:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭

http://twitter.com/BusAthaCliath
    Airlink Express day return only €6. prepaid only
    about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck

Does anyone have details of this? Of course, its cheaper than that for many people with multi-day tickets and free with season tickets.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

sure with the rambler ticket its already 6 euro return
    plus you can use all other Dublin Bus scheduled busses in Dublin for the day on top of that
    Rambler 1 Day Adult €6.00
    Valid for unlimited travel for 1 day
    Valid on Dublin Bus scheduled services including Airlink and Xpresso (excluding Nitelink, Tours, Special Events and Private Contract services)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Victor wrote: »
    http://twitter.com/BusAthaCliath

Does anyone have details of this? Of course, its cheaper than that for many people with multi-day tickets and free with season tickets.

There is some doubt as to whether this is an official Dublin Bus twitter site - I don't actually know. I know it was linked on the Irish Rail twitter site, but on Garaiste they are casting doubt on this being genuine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

KC61 wrote: »
    There is some doubt as to whether this is an official Dublin Bus twitter site - I don't actually know. I know it was linked on the Irish Rail twitter site, but on Garaiste they are casting doubt on this being genuine.

Looking at the messages left it certainly doen't sound very professional and the posting times are a bit stange for some on them also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

There is indeed a great degree of uncertainty over the provenance of this Twitter site.
    However,I would suggest that it is the product of a frustrated employee or customer who is making a well intentioned attempt to bring running-water to a parched area......

It is undeniable that Bus Atha Cliath`s publicity,marketing and media arrangements are at best fallow and largely innefective in most ways.

Corporately the vast bulk of effort is put into "nice" sounding liberal minded schemes such as "Community Support" leaving little else for less "sexy" but no less necessary items such as Stage Point markings on the relevant Bus Stops or finding a single button on the Ticket Machine to issue a City-Centre Fare.

I would thus,be generally supportive of the Dublin Bus Twitterer rather than accusing him/her of commercial sabotage...which is what will most probably emerge from all of this !!!

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Its confirmed not to be real.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Explain this then.
    Sent: 20 August 2009 08:23:49
    To: info@dublinbus.ie
    Hi,

I see on http://twitter.com/BusAthaCliath that it says "Airlink Express day return only €6. prepaid only"

Do you have details of this offer?

Victor
    Sent: 20 August 2009 09:31:25
    To: Victor

It is just a Rambler Day ticket which gives unlimited travel for the day including Airlink service. Tickets can be purchased at any of our agents throughout the city, from Dublin Bus O’Connell St or online at www.dublinbus.ie. If purchasing online you need to allow at least 5 working days for delivery.

Regards

Pauline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Victor wrote: »
    Explain this then.

With respect Victor the lady did not confirm/deny that the twitter site is official in that answer!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

What good is a day return to the airport really anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,344 ✭✭✭markpb

What good is a day return to the airport really anyway?

People who come to Dublin on business? I frequently use day returns in other cities when I'm on business.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Stevek101 wrote: »
    Its confirmed not to be real.

Who or what confirmed it as such?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement