Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game fair Birr 22nd-23rd August

Options
  • 20-08-2009 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭

I am going on my annual pilgrimage this year on Saturday and looing forward to it. Its an adults version of goin to see santa. Bringing some cash and two of the kids that are interested.
    Who is going and where is the boards "shooting" stand going to be where we'll get the free coffee.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Probably go on Saturday as the weather forecast is better than Sunday. I'll provide the coffee or better - usually bring a nice picnic in a coolbox and sit down by the car at lunchtime to enjoy.

So if you want a coffee or a nice glass of wine have a look out for us at lunchtime:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ronan nee

will be there sunday myself, hope the weather is ok

regards ronan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

I am going on my annual pilgrimage this year on Saturday and looing forward to it. Its an adults version of goin to see santa. Bringing some cash and two of the kids that are interested.
    Who is going and where is the boards "shooting" stand going to be where we'll get the free coffee.
    Won't the lads who were involved in Davey Moore's knife project going to be meeting up at a stand there?

I'd say that's your best bet for meeting boardies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

rrpc wrote: »
    Won't the lads who were involved in Davey Moore's knife project going to be meeting up at a stand there?

I'd say that's your best bet for meeting boardies.
    They are indeed:
    The Ultimate Irish Hunting Knife

Skip to the end. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Goin the saturday if weather is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Planning on going on Sunday (Weather Permitting) bringing the whole family my wife even bought new wellies for it!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

No6 wrote: »
    Planning on going on Sunday (Weather Permitting) bringing the whole family my wife even bought new wellies for it!!!:D

A wife with similiar interests, dunno if thats a good thing or a bad un:D

A wife with similiar interests, dunno if thats a good thing or a bad un:D

No she just had to wear my wellies at the last one we went to so now shes got more fashonible ones!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Going Sunday myself, and the BOSS :)

She is not really into shooting etc but loves the Games Fairs :confused:

Going Sunday myself, and the BOSS :)

She is not really into shooting etc but loves the Games Fairs :confused:

She'l be taggin along too. And at 7 months pregnant it wil be some craic walking around. Had her at the tullamore show recently and it would nearly break your heart. So if you see two people walkin unbelievably slow and sitting down every 10minutes its myself and herself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Should be there on the sunday, all going to plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Dusty87 wrote: »
    She'l be taggin along too. And at 7 months pregnant it wil be some craic walking around. Had her at the tullamore show recently and it would nearly break your heart. So if you see two people walkin unbelievably slow and sitting down every 10minutes its myself and herself.

Surely she doesn't mind sitting down when you're tired although surely you could manage to last longer than 10 mins :p

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

planing on going saturday myself ,
    dragging wife and kids with me ,so if you see four scaldy redheads eatin/killin each other come and say hello :D:D
    ian

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

dusty could have walked past ya that day and never knew:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

ya should be a good day id say il be up on the sunday with the missus :)

ayapatrick wrote: »
    dusty could have walked past ya that day and never knew:D

Some fine cattle at that pat:D we could have met up for a warm pint at the beer tent:D

davy_b wrote: »
    ya should be a good day id say il be up on the sunday with the missus :)

Althought the poll on the ultimate irish hunting knife thread says different, it seems most boardsies are heading on the sunday.

Althought the poll on the ultimate irish hunting knife thread says different, it seems most boardsies are heading on the sunday.
    But how will we recognise each other?? perhaps a large plank on our hats!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭wicklow newbie

Myself and the son will be there on sat. Hope there is a decent fishing section as well as the rest. Son is a fanatical fisherman, even worse than me!!

No6 wrote: »
    But how will we recognise each other?? perhaps a large plank on our hats!!!:D

Dont be silly No6:) a big white sticker with No6 on your jacket wil be just fine:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Will be there on Sunday. Bringing the wife and kids as thye love this **** too..

E.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Heading up there tomorrow - had a look at the weather forecast - looks like it could be washed out on Sunday! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Or tomrrow[Sat] as well.
    Flip a coin and take you chances...Depending on weather or how good/bad it is I might amble up Sunday as well.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

What the entrance charge for the day??

clivej wrote: »
    What the entrance charge for the day??

15 for adults, 5 for kids, 35 for family:)

I went to the one at Carrinlough Castle, Are they about the same size or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

Im headin there in a few minutes, a few euros in my pocket and even bringing the u/o.. might chance the clays :o hope the weather holds out!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Callow Man

Can someone give us an update in the evening as to how today went, it might be a help to those of us going tomorrow.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭thedragon

Callow Man wrote: »
    Can someone give us an update in the evening as to how today went, it might be a help to those of us going tomorrow.

Cheers.

Will we need boots etc.

• Advertisement

Callow Man wrote: »

Cheers.

I thought it was a good fair. A good few hunting stalls wit gear and decoys etc. Was Feck all stands there with guns. Was hoping to look at a few 223's but lakelands stand had mostly shotguns and one rifle i seen. Wasn a big selection of guns either. Irishguntrader.com stand had the most guns but was always busy so didn see much. Anyone looking for larson traps or any traps wil have a good choice. Dingle poultry is also there if anyone is looking for springs for a larson trap. If you see a bargain wait a while as i nearly bought some stuff that was cheaper even further on. Weather was great which made the day in fairness.

Advertisement