Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend place for car service in Trim (Navan) area

Options
  • 20-08-2009 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi,

I was looking to see about getting a 07 VW Passat serviced in the Trim area - so far have had serviced in VW garages, but was looking to see if anywhere else as the garages only work Mon-Fri and 8-5.30 or so - and I still have a job I am looking to keep, so would like to get car serviced on a Saturday (and hopefully not at the same cost as the VW Garages).

Just wondering with all the computers in cars - can local garages service them correctly? If so, any recommendations.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Autostop on the Navan road. I use them. No complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

In Trim: +1 for Autostop in the Motor Park on the Navan Road. Sound lads. Prices appear to be as competitive as you will find (way cheaper than main dealers in my experience) and once they give you a price they seem to stand over it regardless of what they may encounter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

I use Kavanagh's in town, nice family and good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Scouserfan

Nobber Motors, Main SEAT dealers, so have all diagnostic equipment for VW also, have serviced our cars with prices starting from €130 upwards depending on type of service due. They call you if they discover your car needs extra work or parts with a quotation and you can decide if you want to get it done, so no surprises.

www.nobbermotors.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Ricards garage in Robinstown between Trim & Navan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Geranium40

Hi would highly recommend McCormack Motors near Longwood (only 10 mins from Trim). Expert on VW Passat and more flexible opening hours and very reasonable. Phone Philip on 087 2697062:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mr Know

If I owned a car like a 07 Passat I wont let anybody else touch the car other than the main dealers. I think there is one in Navan. At least you are gauranteed an excellent level of service and as the saying goes "you get what you pay for" If all those other garages were any good they would be authorised dealers not back street men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Mr Know wrote: »
    If I owned a car like a 07 Passat I wont let anybody else touch the car other than the main dealers. I think there is one in Navan. At least you are gauranteed an excellent level of service and as the saying goes "you get what you pay for" If all those other garages were any good they would be authorised dealers not back street men

Just because they are main dealers does not mean they give the best service, not all independents are back street men

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

My 06 Passat is coming up for a service so I think I'll be going local too. I haven't used a main dealer for servicing for a while and have no complaints about the quality of work. The wife uses PJ Souhans in trim and they do a pretty good job. Her car passed the NCT yesterday after leaving it with Souhans for a pre check up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mr Know

Did you ever stop to think that main dealers have the highest techinally trained personnell to work on your expensive motor. I wonder would you get a back street pilot with lesser qualifications to fly you and your family on your annual vacation. Somehow, I doubt it, so why put your family at risk by using a lesser qualified person. I certainly would not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Paddy Rickards in Robinstown is reliable.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Mr Know wrote: »
    I wonder would you get a back street pilot with lesser qualifications to fly you and your family on your annual vacation. Somehow, I doubt it, so why put your family at risk by using a lesser qualified person. I certainly would not.

I do it all the time - Ryanair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭fig mclough

i wouldnt let anyone near my car bar dave mcgee (motors) ballivor

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭miss-bored

I'd go to Navan Ford Centre. Excellent Service you can get them on 046-9023456

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

if you go to a main dealer most of the time a apprentice ends up doin your service...

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Scouserfan

sc86 wrote: »
    if you go to a main dealer most of the time a apprentice ends up doin your service...
    Very few apprentices even working in main dealers, due to economic circumstances, in fact I deal with four dealers regularly and none of them have apprentices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Ginger83

miss-bored wrote: »
    I'd go to Navan Ford Centre. Excellent Service you can get them on 046-9023456

As long as you dont buy a car there :D

I do alot of work on our cars myself-oil,filters,lights,etc and send it to Malone's in Navan before a test. I do find they are a bit expensive sometimes but you get what you pay for. We have 132k and 100k up on ours and never a problem with NCT's etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Alan Rogers 087 2197527 in Athboy opposite the TOP petrol station. Knows VW and Audi's inside out got to know a lot about Alfa Romeo's while I owned one too:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

endplate wrote: »
    Alan Rogers 087 2197527 in Athboy opposite the TOP petrol station. Knows VW and Audi's inside out got to know a lot about Alfa Romeo's while I owned one too:D

+1

:eek:

i clicked into this thread to recommend him too, he is good with peugeots too, changed the radiator in mine after i hit a dog for a reasonable price

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

How much would you charge for a cat? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

greendom wrote: »
    How much would you charge for a cat? :D

PM sent

i made him an offer he couldn't refuse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 D.Watson

dixiefly wrote: »
    Ricards garage in Robinstown between Trim & Navan
    chewed wrote: »
    Paddy Rickards in Robinstown is reliable.

Very reliable and honest and have all the diagnostic gear for the newer stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭vinn

stay well clear of that autostop place in trim
    imagine i went i thare to get my handbrake adjusted
    and they told me i needed a new cable so off i went and bought one
    only to be told i didnt need one in the first place all this place has working in it are inexperenced kids stay well clear:mad:

Advertisement