Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Issue printing from Citrix

• 20-08-2009 9:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I have a number of users connecting to Citrix servers in Dublin. They are printing from the Citrix session locally to a print server here in Galway which seems to work fine.
    However when the volumes increase each month we run into issues. When printing Adobe documents it will print about 95% of the document and then they get an error page with the details below on it. Just wondering if anyone has come across this before?

ERROR : syntaxerror
    OFFENDING COMMAND : --nostringval--

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

To be honest I dont think you will find anybody with an answer to anything as specific as this on this forum.

I have a bit of experience of Citrix. Question: a) does it work for ANY PDF file? and b) Can you successfully print out other documents? and c) Does it stop at the same position every time (i.e. 95%)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

To be honest I dont think you will find anybody with an answer to anything as specific as this on this forum.

I have a bit of experience of Citrix. Question: a) does it work for ANY PDF file? and b) Can you successfully print out other documents? and c) Does it stop at the same position every time (i.e. 95%)?

Hi Jonathan,

It does work for pdf files, but seems to happen when there are alot of people printing to the same printer.
    Yes, we can print other documents. It happens to PDF's 90% of the time and the odd time to large Excel files.
    No, it stops at different positions, mostly depending on the amount of jobs being sent.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

use flat drivers or microsoft drivers instead of the manu's drivers where possible

there is a setting on some drivers to use memory in computer rather than printer, more for when you get only part of the page printed out - printer out of memory

try a lower resolution if you can get away with it, less dpi means smaller jobs, also black and white instead of greyscale etc

check free diskspace and swapfile (should be ok)

in the old days citrix servers had to be rebooted very often

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

If the Citrix servers are in Dublin and the printers local are you printing to the local printers as set up in Dublin ie printing back down the Wan connection or to the printers as set up locally on the host machine?

If the printer is setup on the machine running the client software you will see it as "printer name" from remote session xxxx printing to this will send the job directly and may fix the problem.

Another option is to ensure the printer config is set to print after job is spooled not starting after page 1 is sent. this can cause issues with remote citrix sessions.

Finally as the issue is only ocurring when printing PDF files check what version of adobe reader is configured for the terminal session as this is what will be sending the job to the printer.

Hope this helps. :confused:

Advertisement