Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stamp duty clawback

Options
  • 20-08-2009 9:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭

I bought an apt a few years ago (bad timing I know!!:( ) but may consider renting it out in the next year or two so I can move myself. It was a new apartment and there was no stamp duty levied, does anyone know how long it must be owner occupied to avoid the stamp duty clawback?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭deebee08

If you bought it after 5th dec 07 then you only need to have owned it 2 years. if you bought it before that date then there will be no clawback son long as it is rented in the 3rd, 4th or 5th year of ownership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

deebee08 wrote: »
    If you bought it after 5th dec 07 then you only need to have owned it 2 years. if you bought it before that date then there will be no clawback son long as it is rented in the 3rd, 4th or 5th year of ownership.

Thanks for reply, now probably I have my dizzy head on this morning...but is that not the same thing, two years either way?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭deebee08

yeah i suppose it is!!

Advertisement