Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dominos no longer sticking to advertised price

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

rubadub wrote: »
    Why would you even give the place business if you think they are such utter subhuman scumbags?

Humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Humour.
    The guy posting it didn't seem to be joking, maybe he was, but his "true enough" mark made it sound sincere. If you read any of the numerous threads on tipping many genuinely do feel like they are being somewhat blackmailed into tipping, for fear of adulterated pizza. And several posters who worked in restaurants make comments like "you don't want to know what happens to the food of people who complain". Of course you will probably dismiss this as all being untrue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

The guy posting it didn't seem to be joking, maybe he was, but his "true enough" mark made it sound sincere. If you read any of the numerous threads on tipping many genuinely do feel like they are being somewhat blackmailed into tipping, for fear of adulterated pizza. And several posters who worked in restaurants make comments like "you don't want to know what happens to the food of people who complain". Of course you will probably dismiss this as all being untrue.

Not at all, why would I? I have indeed read those threads and it does make for interesting reading. Having ordered from many a take away I've rarely tipped the delivery driver. Perhaps I should have, perhaps not. I've always ordered from what I felt were reputable restaurants/take aways so felt there was little to be concerned about.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

for fear of adulterated pizza
    I emailed them and rang them when they forgot my Garlic Sauce. I'd go insanely mad if if someone spat on my pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I'd say you're safe enough in that regard. The overpowering taste of garlic leaves them with far more exotic options than spit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

RangeR wrote: »
    I see. So what we have here is a Dominos competitor talking down Dominos. Sort of frowned upon around these here parts.

Move along, nothing to see here.

What im not a competitor i think you have completely taking me up wrong:(.
    I was just pointing out that for 5 quid you can get a large pizza with a fresh dough raised base and if you think dominos or pizza hut is better they supposably give you your money back:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I am in Waterford and have all the menus going back to May and I can't find that offer. Have the personal off alright.

Advertisement