Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Users Online

Options
  • 20-08-2009 9:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

I can't see any users listed as being 'online' at the bottom of particular forums, as one normally does (instead I just see moderators). Is this a symptom of some of the wider technical issues being experienced on boards at present, or is it just me?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Same here though I don't ever remember it being different than that.

EDIT : Infrastructure has a new mod (at last!) ? Congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's been switched off for the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

It's back on.

For now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Okay. I think boards is much better when you can see who's online in a particular forum. If there are several posters online then I tend to stick around for the conversations that ensue. But when I don't know who's around, I'm inclined to go offline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

Furet wrote: »
    Okay. I think boards is much better when you can see who's online in a particular forum. If there are several posters online then I tend to stick around for the conversations that ensue. But when I don't know who's around, I'm inclined to go offline.
    It's something we have to do occasionally while testing systems.

Personally, it isn't a factor in my own viewing of forums/threads, but different folks different strokes eh? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement